Home General Discussion

Show Update

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
Sitting on the runway in new Orleans so I will keep it short. Have spent the last week at this years ipcpr tradeshow for the cigar industry. Some very exciting new stuff out there that will be making it to market as the year goes on. Here is a quick list of stuff and stay tuned as I will post up reviews of each cigar in the coming days/ weeks.

Tatuaje is adding about 7 new sizes between their lines. Don pep ins son Jaime is coming out with his brand Jaime Garcia and the two of them did a limited edition my father cigar that Jaime and pep in actually rolled themselves, only 2000 boxes made. I will have some soon and available for sale. Great blend and presentation on as each cigar comes in it's own coffin box. Gurkha had their usual wide release but one in particular caught my eye called san miguel which is actually not Gurkha but they are distributing. Beautiful presentation and great smoke. Inexpensive too with a retail ranging from $5 to $6. Abdel IMHO had the best cigar at the show. His new San lotano line was a huge hit. GenerL cigar had new releases including a decent medium to full bodied macanudo. They also have a new la Gloria cubana series n and hoho de Monterrey reposed which is an intensely cedar aged cigar. Most impressive was the macanudo vintage 97 maduro. Cigar was veery tasty and light to start but developed nicely. The cigar actually have a stainless steel cigar band. Unlike an thing I. Have ever seen. Two sizes in boxes of 12 with an msrp starting at reasonable $8. Cusano has a new 15th anniversary cigar, rocky has a new 15th anniversary cigar along with two other new lines called outback and cargo. Torano has some new retail only brands, Fuentes is doing their angelinos line through the god of fire folks, la flor had a nice expansion of air bender line including a new maduro and new chisel sizes. Ashton as it's new la aroma de Cuba mi amor. This is just the quick list. I will post another message in this thread with more details, more favorites and initial tasting notes as soon as I touch down. They are closing the airplane door now so this is it until I arrive back in chi town.

Comments

• martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    Alex Svenson:
    Sitting on the runway in new Orleans so I will keep it short. Have spent the last week at this years ipcpr tradeshow for the cigar industry. Some very exciting new stuff out there that will be making it to market as the year goes on. Here is a quick list of stuff and stay tuned as I will post up reviews of each cigar in the coming days/ weeks.

Tatuaje is adding about 7 new sizes between their lines. Don pep ins son Jaime is coming out with his brand Jaime Garcia and the two of them did a limited edition my father cigar that Jaime and pep in actually rolled themselves, only 2000 boxes made. I will have some soon and available for sale. Great blend and presentation on as each cigar comes in it's own coffin box. Gurkha had their usual wide release but one in particular caught my eye called san miguel which is actually not Gurkha but they are distributing. Beautiful presentation and great smoke. Inexpensive too with a retail ranging from $5 to $6. Abdel IMHO had the best cigar at the show. His new San lotano line was a huge hit. GenerL cigar had new releases including a decent medium to full bodied macanudo. They also have a new la Gloria cubana series n and hoho de Monterrey reposed which is an intensely cedar aged cigar. Most impressive was the macanudo vintage 97 maduro. Cigar was veery tasty and light to start but developed nicely. The cigar actually have a stainless steel cigar band. Unlike an thing I. Have ever seen. Two sizes in boxes of 12 with an msrp starting at reasonable $8. Cusano has a new 15th anniversary cigar, rocky has a new 15th anniversary cigar along with two other new lines called outback and cargo. Torano has some new retail only brands, Fuentes is doing their angelinos line through the god of fire folks, la flor had a nice expansion of air bender line including a new maduro and new chisel sizes. Ashton as it's new la aroma de Cuba mi amor. This is just the quick list. I will post another message in this thread with more details, more favorites and initial tasting notes as soon as I touch down. They are closing the airplane door now so this is it until I arrive back in chi town.
    thanks for the update! looking forward to the pepins... and of course the San Lotano...
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Sweet! Any chance these new lines will show up on CCom soon?
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Cool! Thanks for the info Alex!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    You had me at "Airbender Maduro"
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    man...im even broke but looking forward to the new stuff coming out my freind....very interested in picking one of everything up!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    TatuajeVI:
    I've been anxiously awating these, but even moreso the Airbender chisel. And of course the San Lotano
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Cool. Thanks for the info, Alex. Glad to have you back in Chi-town. Let me know when your free for some golfin, shootin or cigar smokin...... in no particular order!
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Thanks for the update. How about a Slob Sampler?
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Wish I would have run into you down there. There just wasn't enough time in my 3 days to do it all. So many after parties and private events. Vegas is going to be amazing next year!!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Anyone had the new Jaime Garcia (my father cigars) Special Reserva??? Great new stick i tried....gonna get any of these Alex?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Vulchor:
    Anyone had the new Jaime Garcia (my father cigars) Special Reserva??? Great new stick i tried....gonna get any of these Alex?
    my B&M has/had a box in. ill have to check that out.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Alex, any chance that Cusano will be carried here again? I really enjoyed their product, but understand if they have priced themselves out of the lineup.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    thanks for your patience. It took longer than I thought to get caught up. Rereading my last post, here are some extra highlights I left out

Alec Bradley Tempus line is going to expand into offering a maduro. General cigar also put out 100 Partagas 150 Humidors. Only 100 sets total are being made. They will come with 100 cigars from the original Partagas 150 release in 1995. This was one of the most popular cigars of all time. Not only are they 15 years box aged, the cigars themselves used some of the oldest tobacco on the market at that time including a 1979 cameroon wrapper. Two of these humidors are coming to cigar.com, one to opened and sold in sticks from our aging room and one will remain in tact. MSRP on this baby is a full $5,000.00!!! Holy Cow!! Lets see here..... what else.... CAO's La Triviata has a maduro edition that debuted at the show.

To answer someones question above, yes we will be bringing in all this stuff, but some of it like the Jaime Garcia, La Triviata, RP 15th Anniversary etc will not be available online but will be over the phone. They call them brick and mortar brands and since I dont have a store, well I cant put them online. The good news is since I dont have to advertise them online or show a price for them online, I can discount them as much as I want to!!! so give me a call and I will make you a great price on the brands that we cant post to the public.

My clear favorites releases from the show were of course AJ Fernandez's latest the San Lotano line. Absolutely amazing. The Mac Vintage 97 Maduro has a great packaging and look but the cigars were great too! After that, Id have to say the RP 15th Anniversary was great. Very spicy. Reviews will get posted up in the review section as I burn through the actual cigars. In the mean time, feel free to contact you friendly cigar.com cigar consultant to reserve anything that interests you or to be contacted when we get the product. The products will start shipping from manufacturers over the next three months and we are first in line and will be able to ship things out as soon as they hit our massive humidor!
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    Well there goes my next 5 paychecks lol
    Looking for 49 more guys to do a box split. $100 each, sticks divided evenly, and we do a drawing for the humidor.

I am kidding
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    TatuajeVI:
    +1 I almost licked the screen when I read that!
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    +1 I almost licked the screen when I read that!
    Daymm bro! good to see you back! I hope you got my package.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    WOW INFORMATION OVERLOAD!