Home General Discussion

CIGAR OASIS HUMIDIFICATION UNIT

fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
Guys, can you steer me towards the best price on the oasis unit. cigar.com doesnt stock them. thx john

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    ebay

The difference betweent he Oasis and Oasis XL is solely the water tank - the XL is bigger and has more holes in it - but here's a convenient little fact: The fan unit is the same on both and will fit on both.

Check out ebay - all you need is the upper unit, the fan, and the power cord; after that, you can buy a new Oasis XL tank for $15.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    THX. what about xl 2. my unit is 24 wide x 4ft long and 12in deep. is the xl2 to much?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    That I couldn't tell ya; the XL/XL Plus are all I really know about since I've never owned an XL2 before.

From the sound of it, your unit can hold somewhere between 1500 and 2000 cigars, so I seriously doubt there's anything you could buy that would be overkill; you may even need more than one or two humidifiers
    COOL, thats kinda what i thought. im working on a deal for the oasis xl2. bought 2pds of beads as well.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 75
    xmacro:

The difference betweent he Oasis and Oasis XL is solely the water tank - the XL is bigger and has more holes in it - but here's a convenient little fact: The fan unit is the same on both and will fit on both.

Check out ebay - all you need is the upper unit, the fan, and the power cord; after that, you can buy a new Oasis XL tank for $15.
    I know this works because I did it.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I just ordered a refill for my XL. Should be here today. If yo go with the plus you should be good to go as long as you have a cabinet. If not go with the smaller one
    how big is your cabinet........the xl2 may be over kill for mine,.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    fuentejps:
    John,
    My cabinet is about the same size as yours and I am running the Oasis XL II. It is nice but it does take up alot of room, pretty much half of my bottom shelf is unusable due to the size and air flow needed. I am going to put in about 2 to 3 lbs of beads and run my smaller Oasis and see how that works, I am just waiting on the beads.
    I hope this helps.
    thats what i needed to know. many thx. i think ill go w/ smaller oasis, i order 2lbs of beads.
    bandyt09:
    fuentejps:
    John,
    My cabinet is about the same size as yours and I am running the Oasis XL II. It is nice but it does take up alot of room, pretty much half of my bottom shelf is unusable due to the size and air flow needed. I am going to put in about 2 to 3 lbs of beads and run my smaller Oasis and see how that works, I am just waiting on the beads.
    I hope this helps.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Really the smaller one would be enough ? for all that space ? hell I guess thats why my 300 count doesn't budge I use the smaller one in there ( Thanks again Todd )
    well, i just got a great deal on the big one. so i bought it. got it 140 shipped, couldnt pass that up