Home General Discussion

Board Admin

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
Some other forums I use have a Poll feature available for use. Is it possible to have that implemented here? Poll questions can be setup and users can make choices using radio buttons and submit and the board calculates and displays results...would add a whole aspect to this board that is currently not available.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Stickies would be REALLY nice - that way we can sticky the thread about forum html code, and sticky a few of kuzi's Cigar 101 topics
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Where disd our moderator disappear?
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    xmacro:
    Stickies would be REALLY nice - that way we can sticky the thread about forum html code, and sticky a few of kuzi's Cigar 101 topics
    You kinda answered your own request there. They know if you need info you can just search Kuzi's posts lol!!
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Diamondog:
    Some other forums I use have a Poll feature available for use. Is it possible to have that implemented here? Poll questions can be setup and users can make choices using radio buttons and submit and the board calculates and displays results...would add a whole aspect to this board that is currently not available.
    +1
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I will get right on this.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Oh and chat feature!!!!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Alex Svenson:
    I will get right on this.
    Thnx Alex
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Thanks man ! I would love to see this expanded myself so that we can get Emaisl when we recieve Private Messages or when people comment on a Thread we Post, Plus a Chat Feature Like My wife would like thaT! She thinks we all spend to much time on here!LOL
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    having some moderators would be good as well. almost every forum i'm on has moderators who can delete inappropriate posts, trolls, etc. Normally someone who's been around a while and is in good standing with everyone.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    cholmes8310:
    having some moderators would be good as well. almost every forum i'm on has moderators who can delete inappropriate posts, trolls, etc. Normally someone who's been around a while and is in good standing with everyone.
    ever see tim on here? im sure he is in good standings. so is kelly, and alex, etc...

i think the ccom staff moderates well. like the others have mentioned, the shortcomings of this forum are in the limitations of the programing.

even so, i have kinda grown to like the html.... it keeps the riff-raff out.

... for the most part.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    kuzi16:
    cholmes8310:
    ever see tim on here? im sure he is in good standings. so is kelly, and alex, etc...

i think the ccom staff moderates well. like the others have mentioned, the shortcomings of this forum are in the limitations of the programing.

... for the most part.
    I agree with Kuzi and tend to format in html on other forums I frequent and it works there too, other than the occasional Troll that slips in the Staff seem to keep things moderated.. a Poll function would be awesome, maybe some odd form of chat since an IRC server would cost a bit of money, but I dunno things work good here.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    kuzi16:

... for the most part.

Muahahahahahahaaaaa!

• interpiminterpim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    Will trade php/html coding for cigars!!!! I don't know asp though :(
  • zmcgrewzmcgrew Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    interpim:
    Will trade php/html coding for cigars!!!! I don't know asp though :(
    s/php/html/shell/python/java/c/c++/asm/g *Hopes someone on the forum is geeky enough to understand*
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Here's another thought, in the main forum area what about an entirely seperate section for Events that way all event info, HERFS etc can be posted in there
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    It'd be awesome to have some stickied threads, and of course a Poll feature would be excellent!