Home General Discussion

CoTM Club

interpiminterpim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
I almost hesitated posting this, but I'm a little disturbed and thought I would ask here to see what you all think.

I ordered a few sticks and the CoTM club the other day from ccom and my package arrived today. First I want to say I am extremely pleased with how quickly it shipped.

The problem is the CoTM club sticks. One of the selling points on going with the club was the introductory month getting 5 sticks worth $100+. Honestly, I'm not sure if I would have signed up if it weren't for that. Well... the 5 sticks I got were about $25 shy of the $100 mark. Don't get me wrong... I think getting $75 worth of sticks for the $30 CoTM club fee is awesome, but it isn't what they advertised.

I have already submitted an email to ccom, but it's after their working hours. Should I be upset, or am I looking at this completely wrong?

___

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Unfortunately it doesn't get much better. This was this month's selection:

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST96

A $35 dollar sampler, actually listed for $30 in the current magazine for which I had to pay $53.90 shipped. This is a consistent issue with cotm. I like the selections, but you do end up overpaying for them.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    One thing to consider is that you get 10% off every purchase at Cigar.com as a member of the COTM Club. If you make a lot of high end purchases the savings will add up. I'm not saying that it will pay for itself but it is something to consider.

Having said that, I did not buy the membership for myself, someone got it for me as a gift.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Russ55:

A $35 dollar sampler, actually listed for $30 in the current magazine for which I had to pay $53.90 shipped. This is a consistent issue with cotm. I like the selections, but you do end up overpaying for them.
    I believe you are refferring two a double COTMC membership aren't you Russ? That would mean you got two of those samplers for that $53.90 not one. No?
    laker1963:
    Russ55:

I believe you are refferring two a double COTMC membership aren't you Russ? That would mean you got two of those samplers for that $53.90 not one. No?
    No. I got 1 of those. 10 cigars for $53.90. That is the double. 10 cigars I could have called in and bought for $30.00. The link says $39, but on page 12 of the current magazine it's listed for $30.00. I'm assuming single subscriptions got half that sampler for $33.90.
    WOW ! That seems umusual. I would be talking to someone at C.COM about that. Bet they make it right.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    I was curious if I was the only one to notice that the COTM this month was just that sampler... didn't really see the difference in prices though but 29.95 for 10 sticks in the magazine vs $30+ for 5 sticks does kinda rub me the wrong way... I'm not really one for complaining to them though, I always feel bad afterward even if I feel justified, lol!

If you do end up calling in or something though, Russ - Lemme know what comes of it if you could?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Apologize for any incovience. The item appearing in the catalogs price is a misprint. If you look online you will see the correct price. I actually got myself in a fair amount of trouble with the supplier for printing the wrong price as they have one of the strictest pricing policies in e industry. That said, we of course have to honor the printed price for customers who call in and request it. I don't want anyone to feel cheated from the club so if you are not satisfied, please call our 800 number so we can make it right. Thanks.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    could the difference of $25 be that you got $100 when you add up the recommended retail price of the sticks but you added up the price that ccom sell them for which is less than the rrp?
    Alex Svenson:
    Apologize for any incovience. The item appearing in the catalogs price is a misprint. If you look online you will see the correct price. I actually got myself in a fair amount of trouble with the supplier for printing the wrong price as they have one of the strictest pricing policies in e industry. That said, we of course have to honor the printed price for customers who call in and request it. I don't want anyone to feel cheated from the club so if you are not satisfied, please call our 800 number so we can make it right. Thanks.
    I for one will NOT be calling. In the past I have received numerous extra sticks being thrown into a shipment. I was even sent out a 3 stick bomb once by C.COM. I have been on the receiving end of multiple sticks for free or at incredible prices (I love Ruinations ! LOL) and to take advantage of what is just an error in printing would seem to ME to be taking advantage of a situation where I know an error occurred that now the supplier (C.COM) is on the line to make good, and I just want to get something for nothing. Mistakes get made, how they are dealt with is what is important.

The fact that we got a response regarding this and that the response came quickly and explained the situation in a way which shows there was nothing underhanded or wrong going on, speaks volumes, yet again, about C.COM and the folks they have working for them. Thanks Alex, I still think the COTMC is a good deal and the 10% off everything is gravy... so don't expect a call from me !
  • interpiminterpim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    I realized that the $100 value on the sticks is in fact the MSRP... that just goes to show you how much ccom discounts their gars.
    laker1963:
    Alex Svenson:
    I for one will NOT be calling. In the past I have received numerous extra sticks being thrown into a shipment. I was even sent out a 3 stick bomb once by C.COM. I have been on the receiving end of multiple sticks for free or at incredible prices (I love Ruinations ! LOL) and to take advantage of what is just an error in printing would seem to ME to be taking advantage of a situation where I know an error occurred that now the supplier (C.COM) is on the line to make good, and I just want to get something for nothing. Mistakes get made, how they are dealt with is what is important.

The fact that we got a response regarding this and that the response came quickly and explained the situation in a way which shows there was nothing underhanded or wrong going on, speaks volumes, yet again, about C.COM and the folks they have working for them. Thanks Alex, I still think the COTMC is a good deal and the 10% off everything is gravy... so don't expect a call from me !
    While I won't be calling in either it won't be because I feel the same way. It's still a 40 dollar sampler for 50 bucks, and as I said before it's not the first time. It's actually like that most months, but the discount has made it worth taking the loss every month.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or trying to stir up trouble, but when someone asks about the value of the club there are some real issues with the program people should be aware of before they plunk down their cash. Most months you are going to overpay for sticks, but when you are new and trying figure out what to try it can be very daunting, so there's some real value in someone helping you decide what to pick. Also, if you're buying lots of sticks every month the discount is outstanding, and depending on what you buy can it offset the loss, and sometimes even pay for itself altogether. I like it, but it's not without it's flaws.
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Guys, we want to make sure if you have any questions or concerns about this or any issue, you know where to get answers.

Email service @ cigar.com anytime you need assistance.  There's a team here every day ('cept most Sundays) ready to help and make your experience with Cigar.com the best it can be.

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    thats why we love CCOM tim....awesome company which I know myself have at least told 12 people about! keep the deals coming and the customer service outstanding
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Thanks for the kind words.  Alex is insisting that if you are a COMC member, contact us ASAP.  We need to share something with you regarding your account.

service @ cigar.com

timb:

Thanks for the kind words.  Alex is insisting that if you are a COMC member, contact us ASAP.  We need to share something with you regarding your account.

service @ cigar.com

Done.