Home General Discussion

Any day above ground is a good day

AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
My wife is in bed, my daughter has been sound asleep for an hour, and I'm sitting on the back deck in the dark with my dog, a beer and my Man o War virtue. It's nice and cool and breezy. There are no Mosquitos and the only sounds I can hear are crickets and the halyards clinking on the sailboat masts at the bottom of the street. We all have problems. We all have concerns. We all have stress. But my advice is to take some time and appreciate the fact that we woke up on the right side of the grass. That gift outweighs any earthly problem. I'm not going to think about deadlines or bills or the mess on my desk at work or the mess in the garage. Not tonight, at least. Worrying doesnt do anything but drain your energy. I hope you gentlemen can find a similar moment of zen tonight.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Adcurium:
    My wife is in bed, my daughter has been sound asleep for an hour, and I'm sitting on the back deck in the dark with my dog, a beer and my Man o War virtue. It's nice and cool and breezy. There are no Mosquitos and the only sounds I can hear are crickets and the halyards clinking on the sailboat masts at the bottom of the street. We all have problems. We all have concerns. We all have stress. But my advice is to take some time and appreciate the fact that we woke up on the right side of the grass. That gift outweighs any earthly problem. I'm not going to think about deadlines or bills or the mess on my desk at work or the mess in the garage. Not tonight, at least. Worrying doesnt do anything but drain your energy. I hope you gentlemen can find a similar moment of zen tonight.
    .. well maybe not tonight, but hopefully sometime soon, Thanks for the well wishes.
  • GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Adcurium:
    Taking a short but much needed fishing trip this Sunday. The sounds of nature, and my sticks will be the only thing on my mind. If I don't get a bite the whole time I won't be too upset lol
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I second that !!!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Adcurium:

I do that every SIngle Night I can! Its one of my MUST DOS at least 3-5 nights a week.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    well said Adcurium, I too strive for these zen like moments, and I'm glad you had one last night!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Really glad you had your moment of peace. To be honest, when I first read the title, I thought you've been living underground in a bunker.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Damnit, I have to go back underground tonight. Back to work.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    My night on the porch sounds more like this. The dame sirans keep blaring drounding out the sound of the crickets. No mabey its the *** across the street who is always screaming at someone or something. No It the dogs that wont shut the hell up acoss the street. No its the car traffic from all the junckies going across the bridge to by dope. No its some ass who is to lazy to get out of the car so he wants to keep blowing the dame horn. But I hear you there is nothing like relaxing with a good cigar. See I lived in town my hole life so that stuff to me just gets blocked out. The sound of nature get blocked out by the sounds of semi-urban life. I guss comfort is relative and it is really more about being able to find that place no matter were you are.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    ^^In search of zen! =]