Home General Discussion

Once u find a great cigar...is it hard to switch

Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
so we all know the CAO Brazilia here is one of the best maduros i can think of.....well ever since i started smoking a few of them....its been hard not to compare of maduros to them to be honest....lol............

Question is, once u find a awesome cigar like i did...is it hard not to compare other sticks to it...

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    i have this problem with an entire brand right now. LFD is my crack. I compare everything to them and can't get my hands on enough. I'm like a fat kid at a donut shop. Just can't stop myself when it comes to LFD.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    yeah brazilia and rocky 99 conn. is mine lol...once either of those go on major sell ill buy at least 30 of each lol
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I don't find it hard not to use one cigar as the benchmark by which I judge all others. I think a lot of it has to do with variety in that the more cigars I smoke of differing manufacture, the more I appreciate each cigar for what it has to offer that makes it stand out as more than just a run of the mill stick. But that might be me, I don't smoke a great cigar and say "wow, this is the best cigar and nothing will compare", I approach it more like "wow, that was a great cigar, I can't wait to find the next great one." Something like that, point being I'm always looking forward to the next great experience rather than dwelling on the last one.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    It is definitely hard. Once I try something that really pops for me with a certain flavor profile, everything else that may have had a hint of it, but that isn't quite as awesome certainly becomes less appealing. Unfortunately I can't afford to smoke nothing but Pepins, LFDs, and Fuentes.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    j0z3r:
    I don't find it hard not to use one cigar as the benchmark by which I judge all others. I think a lot of it has to do with variety in that the more cigars I smoke of differing manufacture, the more I appreciate each cigar for what it has to offer that makes it stand out as more than just a run of the mill stick. But that might be me, I don't smoke a great cigar and say "wow, this is the best cigar and nothing will compare", I approach it more like "wow, that was a great cigar, I can't wait to find the next great one." Something like that, point being I'm always looking forward to the next great experience rather than dwelling on the last one.
    joe is the sun zu of cigars :)
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    j0z3r:

+1 on this i have a few of my Favorites that I go to, Funny a couple of them are inexpensive.... one though I love is the Camacho PE.... damn good smoke for me. could smoke diesls every day or Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, any Nubs... Hell I LOVE VARIETY!
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Redtailhawkoz:
    j0z3r:

+1 on this i have a few of my Favorites that I go to, Funny a couple of them are inexpensive.... one though I love is the Camacho PE.... damn good smoke for me. could smoke diesls every day or Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, any Nubs... Hell I LOVE VARIETY!

I rotate a lot. I do find that I will go through more of a certain cigar when it is hitting me just right. Lately that's been the nub maddie. I seem to go for one when I don't have anything else jump out at me. But it could change at anytime. There are so many great sticks - it's hard to chose just one or 2.
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    The REO maduro line does it for me. They are out of production so I can only get them as singles from cigar.com. Anyone knows what is the closest to this cigar. I'm sure Cigar.com is going to run out of them eventually.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    cholmes8310:
    i have this problem with an entire brand right now. LFD is my crack. I compare everything to them and can't get my hands on enough. I'm like a fat kid at a donut shop. Just can't stop myself when it comes to LFD.
    Seriously. I would be perfectly happy smoking nothing but lfd. But I do love variety as well.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    A Fernandez Sig maduro. Outta production, and just Awesome. I miss them.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    For me, it's a matter of greenbacks. If I see a good discount on something that comes out to $4/cigar, I think to myself "Yeah, it's a great deal...but I could get a Padron 3000 for that".
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I usually go through my cigars in cycles, I will get on a rocky kick, then get tired of them, then go on a CAO kick...Camacho...etc. My tastes are always changing.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    and now ur on a swisher kick lol
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Its sad, but not hard, once I run out I smoke what I have in my humi.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    tastes are always changing. for a while last summer i thought the CAO Italia was the best cigar around. that's all i smoked for about a month... not a big fan of them now. that said i do like trying new cigars... but always have my "go-to's" on hand...
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    and now ur on a swisher kick lol
    lol. he's never going to live that one down!
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143
    I like variety way too much and with so many cigars out there, it's easy to move onto something else right away. That said, if I find one I really like, I will definitely compare other similar cigars to that. That's true of any cigar I like, really...I'll always have in the back of my mind, "This reminds me of an XYZ" and that's a pretty good indicator of whether I'll buy more.

That said, there is no equal to the CAO Brazilia. :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i fond it hard to buy anything but my favorite at that moment. right now if i was forced to buy a box i would buy a box of LFD air benders. (since i just bought a box of AVO domaine) if i had to buy another box after that i dont know what i would buy.... probably LFD DL Maduro of whatever size. after that i would have a very hard time deciding. MAYBE some Camacho Diploma Maduros but even that i wouldnt be all THAT stoked about. so... no i wont buy what isnt my favorite.

however, i will trade for and happily accept bombs in, especially of cigars that i have yet to try.