Home General Discussion

What others are like Nica Libre's???

XXIV24XXIV24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
I got a set of the Nica Libre's when they were the deal of the day and love them. Are there any others that would be the same taste or around the same taste?   

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Just burned one of these this morning... one of my favorite smokes.

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    XXIV24:
    I got a set of the Nica Libre's when they were the deal of the day and love them. Are there any others that would be the same taste or around the same taste?   
    I think all Padron cigars have the exact same wrapper as the Nica Libre. Which one's better? It's just personal opinion, really. Some like Padron better, some like the Nica better.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    wwhwang:
    XXIV24:
    I think all Padron cigars have the exact same wrapper as the Nica Libre. Which one's better? It's just personal opinion, really. Some like Padron better, some like the Nica better.
    Actually, the regular padrons come in a maduro and a natural. The only wrapper that the Nica Libre's are similar too is the Anniversary series in that being both are made from a San Andreas Maduro...but who's complaining right?
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    wwhwang:
    XXIV24:
    What Krieg said, but also remember the price point; Nica Libre is much cheaper then the anniversario it's modeled after. But, if memory serves me correctly, you might also enjoy the Oliva G Maduro, the Rocky Patel 1961, the Nub Cameroon, the Montecristo Media Noche and Montecristo Reserva Negra,
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I second the Oliva G and Padron Anniversario. the Oliva Special G is one of my favorite short sticks. the Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Knight Oscuro Fuerte is somewhat similar. I like the Nica quite a bit, especially for the price.
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Ya ll call me crazy but I swear Nica Libre's taste like recess peanut butter cups. I mean they are not sweet...but kinda, but the creaminess and buttery like taste is so there.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    I gotta retry these, didn't like them at first.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    brotheradam:
    I gotta retry these, didn't like them at first.
    They are a very nice stick. And for about $2, it a steal. Give them a try again.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Look for other rich maduros. The Diesel, 5vegasAAA. Patel Bros, LH Oscuro Fuerte. The Graycliff Turbo uses the same wrapper I think, and is made by the same blender. I've yet to try it though. Perdomo 10th anniversary maduro has some similarities in flavor if I remember correctly.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Nica Libre's are the Bomb just about the best Cigar for the Money you can find Its my go to Cigar! That being said I love Maduros of all kinds ! LOL
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    last one I smoked had about a year of age on it, and I def could tell a difference. They get much better with age IMO.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I think the nica libres are good for the money (who doesn't think that), but in my opinion the finish on these is wicked short. I'll pay a few extra dollars for the Padron for the longer finish and meatier flavor than the Nica Libre. Maybe more age will help, but I actually just had one of those ccom sun grown labels and find them to be what I think the Nica's wanted to be. Definitly check them out if you like Nica Libres.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    For the price and what the stick offers, it is a great stick to have! I had one last week and thought, wow, this was $2! I dont think there are any replacements for it.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    I've got a box of them and didn't really care for them either. I've got to try 'em again...
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    I picked up a box of these a while back when they were the weekend blitz and I have burned most of them already. They are a great stick for the price. I need to get another box soon so I can rest some.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Dustin1981:
    I picked up a box of these a while back when they were the weekend blitz and I have burned most of them already. They are a great stick for the price. I need to get another box soon so I can rest some.
    Dustin I just bought a box of these. I called into Jeff and he gave me a sweeeeeeeet deal on them. I thought about getting 2 so I could age them but I don't go through these as fast as I once did. I think I will start to smoke these again while I'm driving.....just too damn good to not go to.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I think the Perdomo2 is kinda similar.
    Maybe the Perdomo is a little more refined.