Home General Discussion

You can keep your 8 dollar cigars...

AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
I am continually amazed at how enjoyable these purple labels are.

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    It really is nice to find a decent stick for under $5. Sometimes it makes me happier than smoking a free Opus X.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    lilwing88:
    It really is nice to find a decent stick for under $5. Sometimes it makes me happier than smoking a free Opus X.
    A free Opus X??? Where and how does THAT happen??? :-D
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I agree wholeheartedly. With the exception of the Centurian and the Shaggy all my favorite smokes are under 5 bucks.
    In my opinion the extra few bucks are rarely worth it.

Adcurium:
    Purple Labels are indeed the schnizit sir! Have you tried the Brazilian Labels? They are also excellent.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Would you believe that I still haven't smoked any of the house blends yet?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    The Red and Brazilian labels are my fav
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    There are many sub $5, some sub $3 sticks out there that are just excellent. I cannot spend big money on good sticks and it makes me a saavy shopper to keep smoking good stuff.
  • rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    Dang right. I recently purchased the primeros sampler and it was very worth the price. For about a buck a stick they are wonderful.
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Cigar shopping for me is like how I imagine women feel shopping at the mall. I pride my self in finding good cigar deals and cigars that are good for the right price. When I hit millionaire status I will have no problem stuffing a walk in humidor with rare expensive cigars, but for know I will smoke the hell out of a house blend.
  • jet057jet057 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    I've been wanting to try them but fear i may get burned w/ weedy taste.The white interest me cause of the name its made by,suppose,Don Pipin Garcia,i just dont know what i'm going to do,maybe play it safe and order my Sancho's.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I guess for me personally, cigar smoking is not something I do all of the time (never more than one stick in a day, and rarely more than 5 in a week) so I feel I can spend a little more to smoke the sticks I like. There are definitely a lot of less expensive cigars out there that are great, but for me, most of the best sticks I have smoked fall in the $7-$10 range. Obviously the really expensive Padrons and Fuentes are awesome smokes, but even with my willingness to pay a little more to smoke what I love, they are out of my range.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    The Sniper:
    Adcurium:
    Purple Labels are indeed the schnizit sir! Have you tried the Brazilian Labels? They are also excellent.

I tried a Brazilian that came with a promise that I would love it. It sucked, or rather it didn't!!! full of draw and burn issues, couldn't get any taste out of it till I had almost nubbed it.

I did get another one that I am letting sit before giving them a second chance.

• GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Just had a Brazilian that I got in a trade fom Mr robby. Amazing smoke, I'd buy more if I could
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    Can't go wrong with the house blends. My favs are the purple, brazilian, and cuban. If you haven't tried them out I suggest you do. Good every day smokes and and awesome price.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Purple Label =Greatness
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I don't think I've had the purple label - need to get my hands on one someday. The Brazillian is good, but nothing I'd compare to an 8 dollar cigar, in my humble opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love smoking many $5 or less cigars, but there is a big difference between a LFD DL Maduro and pretty much anything under $5.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    So far from my 7 cigar house blend sampler I've had the Red, Blue and Brazilian Labels. I really enjoyed the Brazilian and the Red was pretty decent. Definitely good enough for me to keep some around as a cheap working smoke, and I'll probably end up ordering a bunch when the budgetary belt gets tight.

Of course, Tat's comment isn't helping me keep my hands off the LFD DL Maduro chisel I just bought last week :p
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    I've tried the house blends, and to each their own, but I do tend to like cigars that are a bit on the higher end. Using the daily deals the price doesn't have to get out of hand. I don't drink anymore, but I never could get into the cheap, cheap wine either. A person could find some decent stuff in the $10.00 range.
    The Cank:
    Purple Label =Greatness
    Well said Cank!
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Cuban, Brazillian, Purple, and Red are my faves
    MrMoke:
    The Sniper:
    Adcurium:

I tried a Brazilian that came with a promise that I would love it. It sucked, or rather it didn't!!! full of draw and burn issues, couldn't get any taste out of it till I had almost nubbed it.

I did get another one that I am letting sit before giving them a second chance.

Thats good news Moke! Would hate to see you miss out on some yumminess because you got one dud! Please shoot me a PM when you get around to burning that next Brazilian and let me know what you think!
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    I just got a cigar.com mixed sampler. looking forward to checking the house blends. that being said i am quilty of stocking my humi with pricey cigars. i tend to smoke MOW , diesels, and Rock patel decades. But i have scored most of my more pricey smokes for free. Truth be told i have 8 opus x in my humi ,i have only bought 1. and i have never smoked an opus x.