Home General Discussion

oldest cigar smoker

bobdbobd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
I thought this might be an interesting thread.  Who is the oldest cigar smoker that you know and how old are they?  Mine would be my wife's grandfather, 89 years old, been lighting up cigars for about 70 years and still going strong.

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I thought you were 89 for a second. I was like wow, this guy is 89 and post on forums and stuff...lol

But oldest that I know is me. No one in my entire family smokes. No ciggs no cigars. I sometimes wonder what went wrong with me???
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    My grandfather is 76 and he smokes cigars sometimes. Not all the time though but he still smokes em! lol
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    A guy in my local B+M who is in every day and smokes at least two is 87. Looks like a toad, but other than that seems to be in good health.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    rossdavey2:
    A guy in my local B+M who is in every day and smokes at least two is 87. Looks like a toad, but other than that seems to be in good health.
    LOL, my dad smoked cigs for 40 years, but finally kicked them when my son was born...then I started smoking cigars, lol...what the hell is wrong with this picture?
  • GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Krieg:
    rossdavey2:
    LOL, my dad smoked cigs for 40 years, but finally kicked them when my son was born...then I started smoking cigars, lol...what the hell is wrong with this picture?
    He stopped, that's what's wrong!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    A gentleman at my B&M...the guy hangs at the shop most days, and settles his cigar tab by cleaning up shop and clearing the ashtrays (wish they'd give ME that opportunity! lol).... The dude's 92! No idea what his real name is, but everybody calls him Whitey.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    My grandfather was in his 90's and still smoking those nasty Italian stogies. No wonder he lived so long, no self respecting germ would live with those nasty smokes!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    George Burns was either 98 or 99
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    dennisking:
    George Burns was either 98 or 99
    I think he actually made it 100.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Gentleman:
    Krieg:
    rossdavey2:
    hmmm...stopped smoking cigarettes is wrong?? I would have to disagree there...
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Krieg:
    Gentleman:
    Krieg:
    rossdavey2:
    hmmm...stopped smoking cigarettes is wrong?? I would have to disagree there...
    I think he was confused thinking you were talking about your dad smoking cigars. I would have to agree with cigarettes though. My gf used to smoke them and I would go into her purse and break every one so she would quit.