Home General Discussion

Your Weekend Project...and smoke!

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
So what is going to be your weekend project and what cigar are you gonna smoke during or after your done? I am going to be staining my new privacy fence I had put up, when I'm done I think I'm gonna smoke a La Flor Dominica Double Ligero 600. A nice hearty smoke after a good days work.

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    My daughters & I are going to construct a horse-fly trap - we have a pair haunting the pool that need to die. As for what Im going to smoke after, Im hoping for a RP Sun Grown... once Im out of sight of the girls. :-)
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    I'm on a Black Pearl kick right now, great daily deal the other day. I need to finish cleaning up a rental to get her back on the market.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I will be getting paid to watch the Giants complete a 4-game sweep of the Mets... I plan on smoking Stick B (Mystery Stick Game) and one of CAO MX2 stash... once I get home from the park that is
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    I will be cutting the Vaneer wood for the winadoor im converting this weekend and getting it ready for next week to move my sticks into....its giong to be a tough project...as for a smoke, I think if I can finish the project correctly ill celebrate with a opus x....and then on sunday...its time for a CAO brazillia
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    I've got prep-work to do for what's going to be my month-long project. The entire front-to-back break line is rusted out of my car, so I need to clean up the garage to get her in there and work on her (driveway is not level enough for me to feel safe under a car on jack stands). It'll take me awhile to fix but we can get by on one car and it avoids a bill ($850) worth more than the car is...

As for post-work sticks I've been eyeing the 5V AAA from my AJ Dirty Dozen for some time, but that can always change when I go to the humi to see what speaks to me...
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    I have a easy weekend. Bug spray and finish staining my deck on sat, new door trim for one door Sun.

So Sat will be a DP cuban Classic for breakfast, D shorty for lunch, and something to be decided for dinner. Sunday will have a MoW V, Ccom cuban label, and a padron 26 anni.

should be a good weekend.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Well this has been an ongoing project for the last month and a half and will continue for a while but I will be working on my independent research study for school... fortunately I can work on it at home and theres no need to go to campus.. after a few more hours of work I think I'll head out to my patio with a MoW or a SC Cuban Cabinet.. but like doromath says, it can always change once you open the humi
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    rossdavey2:
    I have a easy weekend. Bug spray and finish staining my deck on sat, new door trim for one door Sun.

So Sat will be a DP cuban Classic for breakfast, D shorty for lunch, and something to be decided for dinner. Sunday will have a MoW V, Ccom cuban label, and a padron 26 anni.

now THAT is a nice menu... i'd switch out the DPG with a AJ Sig, but that;s just me
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    doromath:
    I've got prep-work to do for what's going to be my month-long project. The entire front-to-back break line is rusted out of my car, so I need to clean up the garage to get her in there and work on her (driveway is not level enough for me to feel safe under a car on jack stands). It'll take me awhile to fix but we can get by on one car and it avoids a bill ($850) worth more than the car is...

As for post-work sticks I've been eyeing the 5V AAA from my AJ Dirty Dozen for some time, but that can always change when I go to the humi to see what speaks to me...
    By the time you finish this project, you deserve an Opus! lol
    rossdavey2:

Sounds good, just don't smoke while you stain!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    My weekend project will be to work... Which leaves no time to smoke. Well at least until I get off work Sunday morning. After I get off work I'll be coming to to load up the family and head out to the lake for a few days to get away and relax and visit the parents. I will be taking a few smokes with me for sure!
  • acsamples79acsamples79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 66
    not much of a project but, moving out old furniture and moving in new furniture i just bought, my first nice set of furniture, ill def. be lighting up one of my good ISOMS possibly
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I'm going to work on mixing a good mojito, the cigars will be many.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    j0z3r:
    oh man joe I am always in the search for the perfect mojito, wanna PM me a recipe if possible??
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    illinoisgolf99:
    j0z3r:
    oh man joe I am always in the search for the perfect mojito, wanna PM me a recipe if possible??
    Right now, I don't have one...this will be my first time making them, so I'm in the same boat really. Check out this Link for a recipe that sounds good. I'll be basically doing this except I won't be adding bitters, but rather just making a standard mint, lime, rum, sugar, soda and ice drink...at least I'll see how that works and tweak to taste.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    I need to change the strainer basket and end outlet on my kitchen sink. Then off to work in the garden and yard I think I will break out several padillia lines starting with miami
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Smoking! Pork Butt and premium cigars, stick selection is not completed yet.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Today I didn't do much. Just stayed inside while the heat besieged my house. Tomorrow I think I'll brave it and do some grilling. Some tequila and an SCCC will most likely be what I smoke. I really like the taste of that #4 vitola, but I hate the size and shape. It just doesn't feel like a cigar to me. I'll probably go with a churchill or toro for the extra time anyway.
    Results of my Saturday project
    Last stick of the day
    Mmmmmmmm, pork!
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Going to finish up a paper for my MBA class. On environmental scanning in business. Then later on this afternoon going to go ahead and smoke the Cain nub i picked up Friday.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Studying for the Bar; MOW Virtue, Perdomo 10th Anniv. Champagne, and maybe an RP Connie
    looks good! what did you think of that intenso?
    Intenso has long been a go to cigar for me.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Krieg:
    doromath:

By the time you finish this project, you deserve an Opus! lol

No kidding! If I get it done quick enough I can use it as justification to order an Opus or four, maybe burn one down at the SE herf as well for double celebration goodness.
    fla-gypsy:
    Last stick of the day
    Mmmmmmmm, pork!
    My wife took what was left of all that pork and cooked some freakin awesome Brunswick stew. I love that woman!
    fla-gypsy:
    Last stick of the day
    Mmmmmmmm, pork!
    Your pics made me hungry, so I decided to add this to last weekend's projects ;)
    imageimageimage
    Nice Krieg, nothing like thin blue smoke on the cooker and white clouds of smoke for the cook
    Well, looks like this weekend I will be cleaning the garage and finishing up my fence...I think I'm gonna have to try the Padilla Obsidian.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    This weekend I'll be taking my fat ass on a damn walk...

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    yeah u do that fat ass lol..jkjk...so i started to work on my winador projeect...*** guys...im no wood worker and working with limited tools which makes it worse lol...if i had a table saw i could actuall do perfect straight cuts loll..but almost done...11 shelves which can hold 2 cigars deep, 15 wide....should be awesome once done