Home General Discussion

this made me laugh

bobdbobd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71

I was walking the dog a couple saturday mornings ago while enjoying a 5 vegas gold.  As I walked past a guy on the sidewalk he commented on my cigar and said that he also loved cigars.  I thought cool a BOTL in the neighborhood, so I asked what he smoked and he replied......... "I love those flavored Phillies, they are great."

I need to say nothing more.

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    HAHAHAHA Thats pretty hilarious.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    HAHAHA. It happened a lot in the Army too lol. Some new privates thought they were cigar aficionados until we brought our cigars together for a herf while we were playing OPFOR (terrorists). I brought Partagas Black Label, Man O' War, and Padilla Achilles. They brought Black & Mild and White Owl.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    rofl. same thing happened to me the other day. A friend of a friend posted on facebook that he was going to have a cigar on the beach. His response when I asked what he was having - Swisher Sweet! ugh.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    The same happened to me as well. Well not exactly the same but close. I went over to a long time friends to see his new house and he tells me " I quit smoking cigs" I told him that was great and he proceeds to tell me how he is now smoking cigars. Great I think until he shows me the kitchen and I see a pack of black n milds on the counter.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    You all missed your chance to make a convert. I too smoked machine made cigars until a year or so ago when my son got me into man made and I've not looked back!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    YankeeMan:
    You all missed your chance to make a convert. I too smoked machine made cigars until a year or so ago when my son got into man made and I've not looked back!
    I was just thinking the same thing. While we find it funny that others smoke those god aweful things it was not so long ago that I smoked those same god aweful things. To each his own and we all started somewhere.

I had a similar experience a few days ago with someone who I asked what he was smoking. I think it was a SS or something like that. Kind of threw me for a loop w/o the plastic tips??? I don't know I don't pay close attention to those anymore. What I wanted to do was give the guy my business card and try to make a sale for some nice hand mades or even just talk cigars. I couldn't because I was at my other job and had other business to attend to. Although he did mention that they were a good cheap everyday smoke. I can only hope that I run into him again and try my best to get another BORK (LOL) to join us!!!!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    YankeeMan:
    You all missed your chance to make a convert. I too smoked machine made cigars until a year or so ago when my son got into man made and I've not looked back!
    I did actually manage to convert one guy. He's lurking the forums every now and then. Went from smoking Black and Milds to smoking handmade stuff like the CAO Italia and MoW SE.
  • JZerbyJZerby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 122
    I've had this happen as well. A coworker and I were just killing a couple minutes before we had to get off the clock and he mentioned he liked a cigar now and then. I mentioned a couple I really like, and since I've not been smoking cigars very long thought he may have some suggestions, and he told me he really liked grape Swishers.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Search for my "Bad Form" post regarding my friend who invited me over for a pre-work smoke then proceeded to open his 50-ct full of Dutch Master's Palmas...
  • leerescue@yahoo.comleerescue@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    I Have to laugh inside at this post. I guess im telling on my self. Me toombs and medic45 were at work and went out side to herf. The both had good cigars. And me a swisher sweet. Let me finish before you guys laugh at me! I had just returned from the b&m with four RYJ reserve. We laughed and i had the first awsome ciger. I spent two hours and im addicted for life, we had the best day of my life im converted. Just had to share this with you guys. And yes for the love of god please educate us! It changed me for the good. Thanks fore everything you BOTL have taught me so far.