Home General Discussion

Vacation

JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
I'm heading out to the beach on vacation on in a couple of days. Since I'm the only one in my family who smokes, I won't be smoking the whole time, but I am going to smoke one stick a day.
My current lineup for the week is:
2 Cohiba ISOMs (probably fake)
MOW
MOW Virtue (which I will probably give to my brother)
MOW Ruination
Either 5 Vegas aAa or Diesel Unholy Cocktail
Graycliff G2 Turbo
So that leaves me with one open slot. Anyone have any good suggestions to fill that last spot? I will also be celebrating my birthday during the week, so something a little nicer is welcome, too.

Comments

• The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Ashton VSG Eclipse Tube
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Padron 1926 Anniversary No. 2 Maduro..... just had one for my birthday. Great smoke.
  • JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    Interesting... I'm also interested in trying a San Cristobal or a Triple Maduro. Anyone have any thoughts on these?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Jumper:
    Interesting... I'm also interested in trying a San Cristobal or a Triple Maduro. Anyone have any thoughts on these?
    both get good praise around here, but I haven't heard one bad review of the Camacho Triple Maduro yet.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I generally prefer fuller bodied blends, but when I'm on vacation I always take a few (2-3) mild - medium connecticuts and/or maduros for a morning coffee smoke. I know I won't always have the opportunity to smoke later in the day or after dinner. So that's what I'd suggest adding since it looks like you've got the stronger stuff covered.
    Good thought, Russ. I appreciate that. I hadn't thought about that. But I like the idea...
    Well I spontaneously went with an OpusX. I walked into the B&M and they had a pretty good selection and I just couldn't resist.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Nice pick up with the OpusX. But if I may make a suggestion - OpusX are not what they could be fresh. I'd let that baby sit for a year before smoking it. I know that's a long, long time to wait, but they are really not meant to be smoked fresh. Burn issues, for sure, and the flavors should be a bit more rounded out after a year or more in the humidor. Just a suggestion.
    cholmes8310:
    Jumper:
    both get good praise around here, but I haven't heard one bad review of the Camacho Triple Maduro yet.
    Triple Maduro for sure. One of my top ten favorite cigars without question.
    TatuajeVI:
    Nice pick up with the OpusX. But if I may make a suggestion - OpusX are not what they could be fresh. I'd let that baby sit for a year before smoking it. I know that's a long, long time to wait, but they are really not meant to be smoked fresh. Burn issues, for sure, and the flavors should be a bit more rounded out after a year or more in the humidor. Just a suggestion.
    cholmes8310:
    Jumper:

Dang, Tat. Don't know that I can wait on this one. But I'll take that advice in the future. As for the Triple Maduro, they didn't have any at the B&M so I'm now plotting how to best get one.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Jumper:
    TatuajeVI:
    cholmes8310:
    Jumper:

Dang, Tat. Don't know that I can wait on this one. But I'll take that advice in the future. As for the Triple Maduro, they didn't have any at the B&M so I'm now plotting how to best get one.
    I'd send you one, but I'm a selfish bastage.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Jumper:
    TatuajeVI:
    cholmes8310:
    Jumper:

Play the "Make a Wish" game, perhaps a kind soul on this forum will show you pity.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    I'm on vacation after tomorrow too! I don't even have my list finished yet! Everything in my Humi is good (I think).

MB III
    Ghurka Legend
    262 Paradigm
    Opus X
    La Aurora Preferido or 2006 Cameroon
    AF Edicion de Aniversario
    Ashton VSG
    AB Tempus
    Man O' War Virtue
    LFD Airbender
    GOF DC
    GOF Carlito

It just keeps going. I don't know what to do.
    KCW:
    I'm on vacation after tomorrow too! I don't even have my list finished yet! Everything in my Humi is good (I think).

MB III
    Ghurka Legend
    262 Paradigm
    Opus X
    La Aurora Preferido or 2006 Cameroon
    AF Edicion de Aniversario
    Ashton VSG
    AB Tempus
    Man O' War Virtue
    LFD Airbender
    GOF DC
    GOF Carlito

It just keeps going. I don't know what to do.

That's tough, KC. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    OK. Here's what's packed.

Ghurka Legend Perfecto
    Ghurka Black Dragon Robusto
    262 Paradigm Torpedo
    Opus X XXX
    Resposado '96 Salmon Conn.
    A Gifted Mystery Cigar (6.5 X 44)
    5 Vegas Relic Perfecto
    5 Vegas "A" Apotheosis
    AB Tempus Quadrum
    MOW Virtue Salomon