Home General Discussion

The Limited Cigar Thing... Opinions...?

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
There was a new Tat coming out and at another forum I made the point that I hate it when cigars are so limited that they are only released at one or two shops. I don't like it because it makes is way too hard to obtain the cigar and if the shop won't ship phone orders it's even worse. I don't mind cigars that come out once a year or something Like a Oliva V maduro as they can be easily had if you just do a small amount of searching online but for something to be released at one location I just don't like it. Way too gimmicky.

Comments

• jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Its all about the cash and hype my friend
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Tat is one of those brands that's all limited release, or limited edition...
    If I can't pick it up at the local shop or here on ccom I don't even bother.

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I think a lot of "limited" cigars on the market contains a lot of marketing and hype. To me, a truly limited cigar should reflect a low supply of tobacco for the blend and a low supply of the appropriate labor (i.e. the highest level torcedors) that is able to create it.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    If you're talking about the La Verite... I will say this, the entire concept behind that cigar justifies the limited production, in my opinion. If you're talking about the Outlaw, well I like the idea of shops getting house blends done by boutique brands. I personally have never had a bad Tat...
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    So how limited is "limited"? From what I understand, it can be anything from a "limited" single run of a few thousand boxes, to an unlimited number of boxes for a "limited" number of years
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I'm okay with yearly or seasonal releases like 5V Limitada, Anejo, and V Maddy but I think to make a stick that is sold at one or two places is too gimmicky for me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    whatever. i dont care if its limited. at some point its just a cigar. you dont get one? big deal. its just a cigar.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    kuzi16:
    whatever. i dont care if its limited. at some point its just a cigar. you dont get one? big deal. its just a cigar.
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    jpclotfelter:
    kuzi16:
    But other times, it is an orgasm
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Alex Williams:
    jpclotfelter:
    kuzi16:
    Wow, Alex. Do you just go through life looking for lines to cross??? LOL!!!

I feel the same about the Tat T110. It sucks that only one shop in frickin Hawaii got these made for them. I mean, seriously, you're gonna go and make the best damned cigar in the free-world and only sell it in Hawaii??? WTF Pete Johnson!?!?!?!

Luckily I have one resting in the humi. It will stay there until I start getting the shakes and can't control myself anymore.....
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    lilwing88:
    Alex Williams:
    jpclotfelter:
    kuzi16:
    Wow, Alex. Do you just go through life looking for lines to cross??? LOL!!!

I feel the same about the Tat T110. It sucks that only one shop in frickin Hawaii got these made for them. I mean, seriously, you're gonna go and make the best damned cigar in the free-world and only sell it in Hawaii??? WTF Pete Johnson!?!?!?!

Luckily I have one resting on the humi. It will stay there until I start getting the shakes and can't control myself anymore.....
    See now, if you give it to me, there will be no need for the shakes. You can avoid your suffering by letting me suffer for ya! ha
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I agree with you Pheebs. It's kinda ridiculous. I don't blame them for doing it, they can market their stuff however they want, but being a Tatuaje whore, it bothers me to know that I'll probably never get my hands on their special releases.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    I agree with you Pheebs. It's kinda ridiculous. I don't blame them for doing it, they can market their stuff however they want, but being a Tatuaje whore, it bothers me to know that I'll probably never get my hands on their special releases.
    All this talk about orgasim's, whores, and getting your hands on things has got me excited!!!! I'm looking forward to the next limited release from Tat if they can keep this up.