Home General Discussion

Liga Privada JD4

kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
New blend coming soon from Liga Privada. the JD4.
rumor has it its like an amped up T52.

"...it has the T52 Capa and a total heavy leaf filler blend..."
according to Johnathan Drew.

dont know about you... but im looking forward to trying these.
should be out in spring of 2011 though a few have leaked early.
im trying to work out a trip to Nicaragua to visit a few factories in January 2011...
so of course i hope to get a few while there so i can give you all a preview.

details as i get them of course.

or maybe Alex can give more info.

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I will very much be looking forward to this new blend, thanks to The Beard I got some #9's for a sweet price, I've only had one T52 and I thought that one was good so hopefully alex can fill us in or anyone at C.com who knows something.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Sweet. I preferred the T52 over the No 9. Sounds like I may like the new blend.

Kuzi - are you heading to Nicaragua with Matt?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I thought the 52 sort of sucked. I like the 9 but hell I'll give it a whirl.
    TatuajeVI:

I remember Alex saying something about offering a trip for us members (didn't say it would be free mind you) to tour with him and others from ccom. I'm not sure if there has been any updates on this or this is what Kuzi is talking about.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    TatuajeVI:

from my local B&M ?

yup

phobicsquirrel:
    i too prefer the no.9 but the t52 wasnt bad. i just feel it could have used some complexity. Maye the new filler will provide that.
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    i too prefer the no.9 but the t52 wasnt bad. i just feel it could have used some complexity. Maye the new filler will provide that.
    I'm with you on that... got to hold the hope!
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    It's funny, I know most people prefer the No 9. I don't know, I've had two and I just thought they were ok. I've got two more that I plan on trying again. One robusto and one toro.
    Tat, in the overall scheme of things they are both over-rated. 9-12 bucks for the #9 is way too high. I'll have a lx2 over a privada any day and they are cheaper. In my opinion they are better anyway. But the #9's do have a nice flavor profile I enjoy. I just hat how expensive they are.
    again, this shows how in the world of cigar its different strokes for different folks. the no.9 is one of my favorites. its not over powering but still fuller in body and it has a complexity level that most do not have.
    however, i can see why you wouldnt like it as much as i do. I happen to like Honduran Tobacco more than the average bear. i know you lean a bit to the nicaraguan side.

who knows, maybe the JD4 will be your cup of tea
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm with you on this one 100%. Which I know is rare for you and I! lol But I thought the 52 was pretty crappy, but I've always really enjoyed the 9. I'd love to give the new one a shot, but if it has a similar flavor profile as the 52, I won't be impressed.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I wasn't a fan of the #9 when I first got them, but after being in the humidor for about a year they really started to come around and I can say I enjoy them quite a bit. I've only had the T52 once, but aside from a bumpy first 1/4 inch, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I'd be interested to see what they do with this new one.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Tat, in the overall scheme of things they are both over-rated. 9-12 bucks for the #9 is way too high. I'll have a lx2 over a privada any day and they are cheaper. In my opinion they are better anyway. But the #9's do have a nice flavor profile I enjoy. I just hat how expensive they are.
    Agreed on the price - there is a whole heck of a lot of competition out there at that price, and they better be really, really good. I believe Jeff Jackson hooked me up on the No 9s, though. Think I paid about $5 for them, which I was very happy to do so!
    i got to meet up with a rep for Drew Estates today. I asked him about this cigar.

i asked if it existed.
    he said yes
    I asked him if he tried one
    he said yes
    i asked him if it was good
    he said yes

i asked about the release date

he said they will probably never be released. people that are lucky enough to meet Jonathan Drew on a day when he has a few on hand may get to try some but thats about the best he can say.

its part of their blending process. they roll a few experiments, give it a letter and number combo and see how they like it. if it is crazy good they tweak it and get it just right then release it when the time is right.

maybe one day ill get one.

dont think itll make it to the *uck*t list though.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    kuzi16:
    i asked about the release date

he said they will probably never be released. people that are lucky enough to meet Jonathan Drew on a day when he has a few on hand may get to try some but thats about the best he can say.
    jsnake, i hate you witha fiery passion
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I smoked one of these a few weeks ago. Great smoke. If you like the 9, you are going to love it.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I got one from Steve Saka. Right after he gave me another Dirty Rat. Will do a review on this one this week.