Home General Discussion

Johnny Walker Blue label infused cigars

The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
So about 4 months ago I decided to leave some Fuente cigars in a bag with a shot of johnny walker blue inside and put them in my buddies huge cabinet Humidor. Well we smoked one today and it was fantastic ! They could have used a few more days out of the humi to dry out a little but the flavor was great ! You could taste the Johnny in every draw. It gave it a semi sweet taste and was very enjoyable. I suggest that if you enjoy johnny walker you should try this as it made a cheap stick very good.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I was thinking of infusing some of my cheaper cigars. Know anywhere that I can get Jonnie Walker Green Label or Blue Label cheap? It's out of my price range in most liquor stores I look.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    wwhwang:
    I was thinking of infusing some of my cheaper cigars. Know anywhere that I can get Jonnie Walker Green Label or Blue Label cheap? It's out of my price range in most liquor stores I look.

this is going to be the case in most places that you look.

• sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    have a look and see if you can find any miniatures on the net or something. you know the tiny bottles with just one shot in that you get on aeroplanes and in the bar in your hotel room?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    sol1821:
    have a look and see if you can find any miniatures on the net or something. you know the tiny bottles with just one shot in that you get on aeroplanes and in the bar in your hotel room?
    Don't think Blue Label comes in 50ML bottles...
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    sol1821:
    you spelled airplanes funny....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Alex Williams:
    sol1821:
    That's what they call airplanes in the UK if I recall correctly.
    j0z3r:
    Alex Williams:
    sol1821:
    how do you pronounce it?? ERR-OH-Plane?
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    JWBlue cheap??? Not gonna happen...well...in the states anyway.
    Alex Williams:
    j0z3r:
    Alex Williams:
    sol1821:
    lol
    air-o-plane
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Alex Williams:
    j0z3r:
    Alex Williams:
    sol1821:
    Next time you meet someone from the UK, ask them to say "aluminum."
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Hahaha, I also get a kick out of how they say "vitamin"
    you guys seem to forget its called English, not American ;):p
    and phil-it instead of phil-a. and i speak southern!
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    Not to thread jack, but wwhang I would try the exchange, or bx or whatever you call it, you can usually get a bottle for 100 or so
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Lol. I did more research about Jonnie Walker and I'm ditching the idea of getting blue label. Green and black label seems to appeal to me more, based on the reviews. I'm gonna try green and try infusing cigars with that.
  • chrisd56chrisd56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 77
    I was planning on doing some w/ some JWB myself. Did some w/ Crown Royal and they turned out great! They key is to let the cigars dry out for a few days ,then put them in with the liquor as the only moisture.
  • kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    hey wwhang, firsts things first, the green label in my opinion is awesome. It's different with a real herbal and pine quality. But to be honest (according to my pallet) even though I like the green better, a close alternative to it is Dewar's white label. I might catch flak for comparing the two but they are really similar in flavor profile...and it's much cheaper (less than half).
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    chrisd56:
    I was planning on doing some w/ some JWB myself. Did some w/ Crown Royal and they turned out great! They key is to let the cigars dry out for a few days ,then put them in with the liquor as the only moisture.
    I may try this. All you have to do is let the sticks dry out for a few days, and put them in a sealed container (or freezer bag) with a shot of your desired liquor... and in theory it should work?
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    ^ yep thats about it
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    do you let them dry out after they've been infused?
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    ^ Yes def. let them dry out a little after
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    wwhwang:
    Google for a Total Wine store - it's essentially a warehouse of booze, and they typically have the best prices
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    got a local shop here that makes hand made rum infused. they use captain morgan. wow they are goood. think i am gonna try johnny on some smoke. do you recommend a wrapper or just any cheap stick?