Home General Discussion

UPS Redirection possible?

wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
Does anyone know how to get UPS to redirect their packages mid-delivery? I called the delivery hub in Jackson, MS and asked them to do it, but they said they'd only do it if they failed to deliver the first time. I'm trying to get them to deliver it to a friend's shop not too far from here because certain family members are destroying property and they don't care whose it is due to their temper tantrums (lots of drama in the family). Last time, they managed to bend two Ruinations til they looked like tobacco boomerangs, completely flattened a Bolivar and its glass tube, and a Gurkha Legend Perfecto had the wrapper completely split open.

I'd really really really like to get my packages elsewhere so they don't come into contact with my family. EDIT: I might be moving sooner than planned because of all this ***. Can't stand these guys.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Damn, sorry to hear that. And I thought Koreans had bad tempers, doesn't compare to Taiwanese apparently.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    I had to stop a pack threw ups once it cost me 10 bucks I did it threw the company the order was coming threw it had the wrong address on it I think you just need to talk to the right person I rember them saying it was called a packadge interception hope this helps
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    jship079:
    I had to stop a pack threw ups once it cost me 10 bucks I did it threw the company the order was coming threw it had the wrong address on it I think you just need to talk to the right person I rember them saying it was called a packadge interception hope this helps
    my understanding is only the shipper can do this though. You can redirect as the recipient AFTER initial delivery attempt, but the shipper can redirect anytime for a fee? I think that's right. Fourtotheflush would know. He worked for big brown for years.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    jship079:
    my understanding is only the shipper can do this though. You can redirect as the recipient AFTER initial delivery attempt, but the shipper can redirect anytime for a fee? I think that's right. Fourtotheflush would know. He worked for big brown for years.

This is true, or you can ask for a hold for pick up and go down to the local terminal and pick it up.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:
    jship079:

This is true, or you can ask for a hold for pick up and go down to the local terminal and pick it up.

This is what I'd do.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    I ship with UPS and two other carriers every day. You can imagine, your package is a needle in a really big haystack. It's been my experience that once something ships, that's about the end of it. Maybe you should use this as a good reason to mend fences....
  • ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
    UPS doesn't seem to have a problem redirecting my packages.... even though I don't want them to....
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Thanks for the tips, guys. Got one package redirected to a local shop that agreed to hold it for me til I pick it up. The other was already delivered here to my house. Luckily, I managed to get Kelly's last Saturday deal in without anyone ripping my property to shreds. I hate my family (and their anger issues) sometimes, but what can you do?
  • interpiminterpim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    that sucks that someone would destroy your property, no matter what the reason. I hope you get everything worked out and your sticks stay safe.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Well first of all I hate ups but from my own experience even when I knew I would be at the shipping address I tried to have it directed to another address but was told over the phone they had to make one attempt first. Then I could do it. Which makes no sense as I have to wait longer for my items and it wastes fuel. I was even told one time that due to how it was shipped they couldn't deliver the package at another address. So I basically had to meet up with the driver (thankfully I found another truck in the approximate area) to get my item. It would have been the last attempt then I would have to go all the way across town (meaning a long way) to their facility at their hours (which I work). They are a real pain the ass. Now the drivers are usually nice though.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    wwhwang:
    Thanks for the tips, guys. Got one package redirected to a local shop that agreed to hold it for me til I pick it up. The other was already delivered here to my house. Luckily, I managed to get Kelly's last Saturday deal in without anyone ripping my property to shreds. I hate my family (and their anger issues) sometimes, but what can you do?
    Sounds like someone needs a can of whoopass opened!!!