Home General Discussion

Cigar Oasis

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
So I am thinking about getting one of these due to my humidor getting so dry that my beads can't keep up during winter. Does anyone have one of these? What do you think of them?

Comments

• MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Which ones you looking at?

I have two Ultra's one in a 150 count the other in a 50.

I also have a Hydra SM in a 300 count "Treasure Dome" and a Humi-Care (same as the Hydra only HC badged) in a 400 Foot Locker, the two bigger units I'll be adding fans to later this week, when the fans arrive

I'd be haopy to answerr any questions you have
    One tip I can give right away is to determine the size humidifier you need based on the volume of your humi, internal, length X height X depth, NOT the stick count which is highly subjective. For example based on stick count my 150 should be too big for the Ultra, but measuring the internals it was well within the spec that Cigar Oasis quoted and I called them to check, and in practice I have found it to be correct

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Are the fans for air movement or temperature control?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Fans are for air movement, they will actually produce a tiny amount of heat.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I don't know how the Humi-Care brand humidifiers work, but as far as the Cigar Oasis I have mixed feelings. When they work properly, they are great...my problem is that I've had one go belly up completely, and the other decides not to work at times. So while I wouldn't buy another Cigar Oasis product, I'd highly recommend active humidification as passive just can't compete.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    I know were you can get one free with a box purchase of cohiba puro dominicana pm me if your interested
    jship079:
    I know were you can get one free with a box purchase of cohiba puro dominicana pm me if your interested

You have a PM sir.

j0z3r:
    I don't know how the Humi-Care brand humidifiers work, but as far as the Cigar Oasis I have mixed feelings. When they work properly, they are great...my problem is that I've had one go belly up completely, and the other decides not to work at times. So while I wouldn't buy another Cigar Oasis product, I'd highly recommend active humidification as passive just can't compete.

The Humi-Care is exactly the same as a Hydra SM and both are similar to the Cigar Oasis XL, the differences being the Humi-Care / Hydra's hygro can be calibrated and it can power more fans be daisy chained with others and if I recall correctly the reservoir cartridge was cheaper to replace as was the whole unit, than the Cigar Oasis.

The Cigar Oasis Ultra's that I have are much more compact and can be mounted inside the lid of a humidor, they are not much larger than a standard humidifier brick, they seem to work fine and are perfect for smaller humidors.

Once I've had both a while I'll post a review of both.

• docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    I've had the Oasis XL for about 3 yrs with excellent results.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I've had my Cigar Oasis for a while now and I absolutely love it
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Krieg:
    Well so far, I've only seen the Oasis XL. This is a picture of my humi, what size do you recommend?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/400-ct-CIGAR-HUMIDOR-CABINET-END-TABLE-DISPLAY-CASE-/380249875980?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5888a8a60c
    I know a place that has the oasis II, xl, and xl plus pm me if you want the info
    jship079:
    Krieg:
    Well so far, I've only seen the Oasis XL. This is a picture of my humi, what size do you recommend?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/400-ct-CIGAR-HUMIDOR-CABINET-END-TABLE-DISPLAY-CASE-/380249875980?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5888a8a60c
    I know a place that has the oasis II, xl, and xl plus pm me if you want the info
    PM sent
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    anyone have a Moist N Air i have one coming and know little about!
    Krieg:

Well, what you are getting is too big for the Cigar Oasis Ultra to handle, but it looks like a candidate for the Cigar Oasis XL or the Hydra / Humi-Care SM. I went with the Hydra b'cos the fan options were better, and probably other reasons I can't recall at the moment, the Hydra was i little cheaper too if I recall.

Anything bigger would probably be overkill IMO.

The fans for my two SMs should arrive tomorrow, so you can always add those to the Hydra, (note: the fan kit for the Cigar Oasis requires an additional part and is therefore more expensive)

Also, going on the external dimensions of your humi (very nice looking BTW) your volume would be 1.86 cubic feet, as long as the active humidifier you get can handle that you should be okay.

MrMoke:
    Krieg:

Well, what you are getting is too big for the Cigar Oasis Ultra to handle, but it looks like a candidate for the Cigar Oasis XL or the Hydra / Humi-Care SM. I went with the Hydra b'cos the fan options were better, and probably other reasons I can't recall at the moment, the Hydra was i little cheaper too if I recall.

Anything bigger would probably be overkill IMO.

The fans for my two SMs should arrive tomorrow, so you can always add those to the Hydra, (note: the fan kit for the Cigar Oasis requires an additional part and is therefore more expensive)

Also, going on the external dimensions of your humi (very nice looking BTW) your volume would be 1.86 cubic feet, as long as the active humidifier you get can handle that you should be okay.

Great, thanks for the help. So far, you are liking the Hydra ? The Cigar Oasis is rather pricey compared to it.
  • CaptainSmokeCaptainSmoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    I have one. Its the newest model to their line, the XL. I got sick of having to monitor the readings every three days and I had lost a few on a week long trip that I went on, so after a bit of searching and at the advise of a local cigar shop I frequent I tried it out. I absolutely love the little contraption. Takes all the guess work out of things. All you do is make sure the reservoir has water and it does the rest! I see your post is a bit dated, but if you haven't gotten one yet, definitely give them a try.