Home General Discussion

Introduction..

Cigar SherlockCigar Sherlock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
Well I figured I'd take a moment to introduce myself. Name is Rob, I got into cigars through watching my dad enjoy them. I'm not really a smoker, can't stand cigerettes and grew up in a house where both my brother and dad smoked constantly. I really liked the humidors that my dad had and when he gave up smoking cigars..I confiscated them for my house. They sat there for 3 years collecting dust. Then, with the birth of my daughter last February, I decided to get a sampler of premium cigars to hand out to my co-workers. That's how this hobby began for me. I work for the Metro Nashville police as an investigator and have been employed in law enforcement for 8 years. I have way to many hobbies and not enough time to enjoy them much. But, my daughter has been my focus for the past 5 months, which is a good thing :) I've got a great wife who doesn't like cigars at all, but we have come to an understanding that this is an "every now and then" hobby. So that's pretty much it. If you find your way to Nashville, let me know and we'll do a tour of the CAO headquarters.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Your wife and my wife sound like they are one in the same! I have also been wanting to go to the CAO headquarters, have you been ?
  • JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    Hi Rob.
    My name is Ryan. I've been smoking cigars for two years now. Smoked my first one after my senior prom.
  • JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    Krieg:
    Your wife and my wife sound like they are one in the same! I have also been wanting to go to the CAO headquarters, have you been ?

I'm dying to tour the CAO factory. Possibly my favorite brand.
  • gravitylabgravitylab Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    cigars are so ei!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    This guys not new.... wth.

Welcome bro

• fat bliggetyfat bliggety Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'm gonna have to agree with you on that...
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    Welcome! I've got a 15 month old daughter and I spend nearly all my free time with my wife and our shorty. But now that the weatehr is nice we spend a lot of time on the back deck. So, once my daughter goes to bed, I enjoy a cigar and my wife tolerates my behavior for an hour or so. Oh, and the CAO La Traviata is one of my all time favorite smokes!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Welcome. Looks like you are off to a good start.
  • Cigar SherlockCigar Sherlock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    stephen_hannibal:
    This guys not new.... wth.

Welcome bro

Yeah I've posted a few times but never introduced myself..guess I felt it was a formality :)
    Krieg:
    I have not been yet, but have already called them and received the details. It's not really out there in the public that they are doing free tours right now, but I saw something on their website and followed up. Looking forward to eyeing that aging room filled with prototypes :)
    Cigar Sherlock:
    Krieg:
    I have not been yet, but have already called them and received the details. It's not really out there in the public that they are doing free tours right now, but I saw something on their website and followed up. Looking forward to eyeing that aging room filled with prototypes :)
    Yeah, I saw the video on CA's website...I think the elusive CAO Mx3 is also there...somewhere...lol I actually don't live too far away from Tenn, maybe 2hrs from Chattanooga. Maybe I can get JZ together and make a trip. What are the details of the tour?
    They prefer small groups (less than 6) and they would prefer us to be there around 2 PM and Thursdays or Fridays work best. It lasts around 1 1/2 hours..you get to smoke one at the end. All I have to do i call and schedule one.
    Sounds pretty cool, however, I work mon-fri, so I don't know when ill be able to do it.