Home General Discussion

Recommend me some cheap cigars!

surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
Alright guys I'm on a budget here. I like medium to full bodied cigars, and am open to trying some new stuff. Looking at the under 5 dollar range per stick.

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Copied my response from another thread:

My favorite budget smokes in no particular order are the Cuba Libre, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte and Double Maduro, and the Diesel. There are cheaper sticks out there that are still good, but for as little as I smoke I really don't need anything cheaper than those.

Also, I'm assuming we're talking about box price here.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    surfingzeeko:
    Alright guys I'm on a budget here. I like medium to full bodied cigars, and am open to trying some new stuff. Looking at the under 5 dollar range per stick.
    Cu-Avana Intenso, Diesel, Ruination, 5 Vegas AAA
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    cant go wrong with anything from 5 vegas, or diesel...amazing cigar and if you buy a box its like 3 bucks a stick.... other cheap favorites are gurkha park avenue, gurkah blue steel, black puro, Jeff jackson will hook u up with CAO brazilian Gos for under 5 and thats a amazing stick, but so is the ccom brazilian label and hell thats only what, 2.50? lol
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    second the intensos but get the torps as they are the best!
    Alex Williams:
    yeah, shoulda mentioned that.
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    yeah, shoulda mentioned that.
    its ok. we all know you are an alabama fan so a little stupidness is ecpecterd. ;) hahha just messin with ya man. come on down for a stick once you get settled in SM
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002.. probably one of the best values I've seen, mazo of 20 for $40, cant get much better..
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    5 Vegas Gold and Classics are really good and really cheap. 5 Vegas A series and AAA are badass and they're usually at bargain prices. CCom house blends are really good and really cheap (even cheaper if you call them for bargains). As far as Gurkha goes, go with Blue Steel, Park Avenue, Turk (this one's on clearance for 4 bucks, usually 8 or 9), or Sherpa Cafe. If you're a fan of spices and cinnamon, go with the Padilla Hybrid. It's 39 bucks for a bundle of 20 (and cheaper if you do research and call in, pm me for details). Another good Padilla cigar is the Cazadores or the Habano (which is on DD right now).
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Onyx Reserve. Solid medium maduro. Also, any of the CCom house blends.
    Alex Williams:
    ecpecterd. ;)
    ECPECTERD?? hewkd on fonucs werkd fur yuo? Dang "barners"... and I'll definitely let you know when I get back to MS. Birmingham's only 2.5 hours.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    ecpecterd. ;)
    ECPECTERD?? hewkd on fonucs werkd fur yuo? Dang "barners"... and I'll definitely let you know when I get back to MS. Birmingham's only 2.5 hours.
    Deep south herf? lol
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Just bought a box of Devils Weed, really like those for a cheaper stick.
    wwhwang:
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    ecpecterd. ;)
    Deep south herf? lol
    Haha it ain't my fault I'm already a bit drunk!!! Bring it on brother :D
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    As mentioned before, 5 Vegas is great. You should also try Nica Libre and CAO La Traviata.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    cholmes8310:
    surfingzeeko:
    Cu-Avana Intenso, Diesel, Ruination, 5 Vegas AAA
    ^These. And the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Russ55:

You don't always have to buy a box to get a great price! Call your order in to your ccom rep (Jeff Jackson!) and beg them to hook it up!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    The Ambos Mundos! Awesome budget stick from Tatuaje and Pepin!
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    I just got a box of the house blend cuban lable. I'm happy with how they have smoked after resting them a week or two.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    sightunseen:
    As mentioned before, 5 Vegas is great. You should also try Nica Libre and CAO La Traviata.
    +1. Everything mentioned are great options. I recommend calling CCom and just let them know your budget and tell them what you like. Last time I did that I told them my budget and told them I was looking for something compareable to something out of my price range and what do ya know they made it in my price range. The staff will go way above and beyond to help you out. Within reason that is!
  • jet057jet057 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    Augusto Reyes CRIOLLO is a sweet deal,tasty,$34.00 for a bundle any size at thompsons.Augusto Reyes is a legend in the cigar business.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    PuroFreak:
    The Ambos Mundos! Awesome budget stick from Tatuaje and Pepin!
    Forgot to mention those. I also learned about them from Puro. They come in a Habano or Sumatra wrapper. I personally enjoyed the Habano more.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    My 'budget' category is different from yours, as I don't consider a $5 cigar a budget cigar. But at that price range, I haven't found anything better than the Padron 3000.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    Unthought_Known:
    My 'budget' category is different from yours, as I don't consider a $5 cigar a budget cigar. But at that price range, I haven't found anything better than the Padron 3000.
    5 dollars is the high end of my budget right now lol
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    TatuajeVI:
    Russ55:

You don't always have to buy a box to get a great price! Call your order in to your ccom rep (Jeff Jackson!) and beg them to hook it up!
    I call in my orders. Box price usually is the cheapest route. Not always, but usually. I could probably get a better price on 5 packs if I wanted, but I don't like beating up people for a better price. I spent a lot of years in sales and I found it annoying when I was on the other end. I'm not saying that's what you're doing by any means, but rather to illustrate why I don't like doing it. If the price I'm quoted is too high, I just pass and get it elsewhere.
  • kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    The sumatra toro is in my top five of sticks...along with the real deal tat miami!  I can get these cheaper at my local b&m than online though, $3.99 a stick!
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    Alright so I ended up emailing kelly about a digital hygro I wanted, and talked to her about getting a deal on some of the house blends. If you have been thinking about doing this, DO IT NOW. I got a ridiculous deal, I won't post it here, but damn. Get on those house blends! lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    5 Vegas Classic and A, Diesel
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    You can't go wrong with the 5 Vegas line, they have something for everyone at a reasonable price. I would also look into CCom's house blends. These are pretty tasty and inexpensive & once again there is something there for everyone.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    DPG original (available in a lot of DD and variety packs) and Saint Luis Rey.