Home General Discussion

Nub event St. Charles

ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
Anybody in the area going to this today? Anybody have experience with La Vita cigar B&M they'd like to share?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Wish I could go..... This is the Cain Nub tour, I'm guessing. I'm a city boy, I gots no idea what's up in Rockford.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    It is the Cain / Nub event. When I called to see if I needed to "get on the list" etc. they were talking like Sam plans to be there. St. Charles is much closer to the city BTW. Take 88 west there should be an exit for Batavia / St.Charles.
  • GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Wtf, St. Charles, MO? I'm like 15 mins from there. Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up. I was all excited, haha.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    ljl:
    It is the Cain / Nub event. When I called to see if I needed to "get on the list" etc. they were talking like Sam plans to be there. St. Charles is much closer to the city BTW. Take 88 west there should be an exit for Batavia / St.Charles.
    Oh right, St. Charles....... My bad. I was thinking of the Rockford event as I was typing. Brain fart...... Either way. I'm working tonight, so no Cain Nubbies for me :-(
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    We should have a thread just for local events.
  • GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Fourtotheflush:
    A cigar events section would be very nice
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Fourtotheflush:
    don
    Got there shortly after the event started. No one in the house so I shopped the Humi a bit. Asked a few questions and was afraid this was going to be real lame. After enjoying the lounge for a bit, in walks Sam! Seems like he is getting schmoozed by the Oliva rep pretty good. He sets up his sound system and since I'm the only one there that seems to know what's going on, we start a conversation. After talking for a bit, he decorates my herfador for me, complete with signature.

Sam explains that everything for the event is locked up in back. When the "key guy" shows up the rep goes about setting stuff up. Sam and I are still talking and the guy walks over and asks Sam "What do I do with these?". It's the Cain F nub in a mazo pack. Sam explains to the guy that these are to be given out during the event. He breaks open the pack and hits me with 2.

A few more people are steaming in now so Sam heads to the rolling table. This is where I get the Cain F made for me by Sam himself. Very cool to have a roller at the event (suggest this to other companies - even if it is not the blender). Here's the pics. Picked up a pretty sweet bottle opener too. Great event!

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    ljl:
    It's the Cain F nub in a mazo pack. Sam explains to the guy that these are to be given out during the event. He breaks open the pack and hits me with 2.

dangit. I'm jealous!! I'd punch a nun for one of the Cain F Nubs. The two events they had here in MA, Sam didn't show for either and they not only had no Cain Nubs, they had no Cains from what I heard. Glad I didn't waste my time with either.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    ljl......that is just freakin awesome bro! I'm sure you had a great time there! I need to get a travel herf for my trip to Vegas soon!
    cholmes8310:
    ljl:
    It's the Cain F nub in a mazo pack. Sam explains to the guy that these are to be given out during the event. He breaks open the pack and hits me with 2.

dangit. I'm jealous!! I'd punch a nun for one of the Cain F Nubs. The two events they had here in MA, Sam didn't show for either and they not only had no Cain Nubs, they had no Cains from what I heard. Glad I didn't waste my time with either.

Those Cain F nubs are real rare. Sam told me that the only time the reps see them is at the event. The rep admitted this was true later. You can't really even buy just those there. Either you get one handed to you like I did, or you need to buy a box to get one as a freebie. At least, those were the rules at this event. I did have a great time, Sam was really cool and easy to talk to.

I'm surprised there were no Cains at other events though, even though the Nub was a part of the event EVERYTHING was about the Cains. Hardly any nub advertising going on at all. All the swag was Cain oriented.
    The shop was pretty nice BTW. Only some the regular customers were acting like D-bags (I think the event bothered them a bit). Sam, the rep, all the guys from La Vita were very cool with me. Lots of cigar passion in the house - that was nice.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I can buy the Cain nub from one of my local B&M's. He had em for like $6 each. He had just got them in, which was last Friday when I went there. Or do you just mean the Cain F nub?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    zeebra:
    I can buy the Cain nub from one of my local B&M's. He had em for like $6 each. He had just got them in, which was last Friday when I went there. Or do you just mean the Cain F nub?
    Yeah, I can buy the Cain Nubs local as well or on here. I'm just talking about the Cain F Nub.
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    Yeah, I can buy the Cain Nubs local as well or on here. I'm just talking about the Cain F Nub.

Yep, Cain nub no problem to buy. Only the Cain F nub is limited. Right now the only place you can get one is at the event (if they have them there).