Home General Discussion

has ever tried this place?

thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
has anyone tried this place?
http://www.solocigars.com/cigars/index.php?cPath=30_53
i found it interesting that rings and boxes are shipped seperate from the smokes
is that common for ISOM'S?

Comments

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    rings and boxes are shipped seperate from the smokes
    is that common for ISOM'S?
    Yes, when it comes to international companies offering to sell ISOM cigars to US customers. It's a way for them to (hopefully) avoid the sticks being seized. It's not worth it though (disclaimer: I did not view this particular site, but I've seen plenty) - ISOM cigars are typically far more talked up than they're actually worth, and it's not worth the risk. Yes, you can face consequences for purchasing ISOM cigars from these places.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I'm a little confused by what their website says about shipping policy. Here's a screenshot of the wording that's confusing me:

First it says the cigars and rings will go by parcel post. Seems to me they wouldn't want the rings included with the cigars so they could identify them as ISOM's.

And then it says the boxes and rings shall go by registered mail. Huh??

One has to assume the latter is correct and that the cigars will be unidentifiable in their parcel post package, mais non?

Marty

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    decided to try them,i been emailing back and forth with one of the reps i got the smokes i wanted at a really discounted price with free shipping so,we'll see how it goes.they should be here on tues or weds, and the box and bands by friday or monday,after a day to temp out and then freeze them for another day or 2 , let them temp out again and put them to rest for a few ,
    oh and shipping is fedex
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Just as a precaution, I don't think it's a good idea to say you've purchased ISOMs in a forum environment. Never know who is reading...
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    sightunseen:
    Just as a precaution, I don't think it's a good idea to say you've purchased ISOMs in a forum environment. Never know who is reading...
    Yeah. And I beleive thats an email address for a screenname.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    well im not really worried
    if customs was going to jump me and take me away they would of done that along time ago,
    ooohh,wow you guys make it seem like im bringing a ton of drugs
    they can email away,you guys are making it sound bigger then it is,there are alot of other issues of more important then some cigars
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    well im not really worried
    if customs was going to jump me and take me away they would of done that along time ago,
    ooohh,wow you guys make it seem like im bringing a ton of drugs
    they can email away,you guys are making it sound bigger then it is,there are alot of other issues of more important then some cigars
    Clearly, customs have bigger issues to worry about than the occasional ISOM purchase from an individual. However, I'm not making it bigger than it is, just saying that if you are going to be doing something illegal, it doesn't hurt to be prudent. Just trying to look out for a fellow BOTL.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    It's true that they've got bigger fish to fry, but they still do bust people for importing ISOMs...I don't have the link, but there is a website put up by the Treasury Dept. (the dept. that enforces the Cuban trade embargo) that lists, in small part, people who import goods of Cuban manufacture. Not trying to spook anyone, as I'm sure it's a very small fraction of those who buy ISOMs, but it does happen.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    understand what your saying guys,but they way they come off on here sounds "SPOOKY"
    but im not trying to be mean or anything either,just the way i am