Home General Discussion

Busted Xikar Eris?

One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
I've had this lighter for about 10 months and I really like it. However it started acting weird lately. After I have it lit for a while toasting and lighting a cigar, it will not light again until it cools down. This can be aggravating when I need to touch up a spot on the stick.

The other thing that just started today is that the fill valve is spitting butane everywhere when I fill it. It used to fill just fine. Now, when I push the can of butane down onto it I can feel icy cold butane hitting my hand and hear it escaping and when I "finish" I can see liquid butane on the bottom surface. It is holding pressure, so I am left scratching my head about this one.

Any ideas about anything I can do to fix this? I know I can send it back to Xikar, but I'd rather not be without my lighter. I have heard from others that you can take a Xikar lighter that is broken to any Xikar retailer and they will exchange it, but can't find anything about this policy on their site. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Have you tried contacting their local or regional office? Can't hurt to ask, especially if there's no Xikar retailer in the area.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    They are based in KC, so I assume their regional office is there, LOL. No, I have not.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Put her in a box and send it to the address on there website. Put a note in the box with your return addy and a quick rundown on whats wrong. I did this, 2 weeks later a brand new lighter showed up in my mailbox.......... Got to love Xikar.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    firetruckguy:
    Put her in a box and send it to the address on there website. Put a note in the box with your return addy and a quick rundown on whats wrong. I did this, 2 weeks later a brand new lighter showed up in my mailbox.......... Got to love Xikar.
    cant beat their lifetime warranty,just send it and its replaced!
  • Husker44Husker44 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 172
    Is that a Chiefs or Nebraska Jersey in your photo?
    That is a Nebraska jersey...on Chuck Liddel. I'm the guy in the Tigers jersey. ;)
    firetruckguy:
    Thanks. I think I will do that.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    One2gofst:
    firetruckguy:
    Thanks. I think I will do that.
    Definitely all first if you can help it. I had a friend who called when his got plugged up, and he told them that it's his only lighter - and they sent him a new lighter with a return box to send his old one back - so that he wasn't without a lighter :-D