Home General Discussion

Kellys deal

docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
Marketing disaster. Can't wait to hear the explanation. I want to hear from her and the boss.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Huh? What do you mean?
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    She didn't respond to me.
  • aron325aron325 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 158
    when did you send the email
    CCom's email and pm system are buggy sometimes. Tim did say lately that for some reason, our PMs sometimes don't get through. There was also some issue with e-mail as well this morning. Some people had to send messages 3 times before Kelly saw them.

Generally, though, Kelly's up and working from early morning to early afternoon on her Saturday deals. If you sent it at night, it'd be best to just call them or email them at service@cigar.com
    6:33 pm cdt. there was still 4.5 hrs left for a 7-3 deal in the eastern time zone.
    6:33 pm Central? CCom closes at 5 pm Eastern (4 pm Central) on Saturday. So...I'd suggest you call them or e-mail Kelly on monday.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I'm confident Kelly will still hook it up tuesday morning, she's good like that. It's a sweet deal too :^)
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    wwhwang:
    6:33 pm Central? CCom closes at 5 pm Eastern (4 pm Central) on Saturday. So...I'd suggest you call them or e-mail Kelly on monday.
    This. She can't work all night, man! Call or email her monday and she'll take care of you.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    TatuajeVI:
    wwhwang:
    This. She can't work all night, man! Call or email her monday and she'll take care of you.
    +1, how long did you expect Kelly to work on a Saturday to serve cigar freaks???
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I sent Kelly an email via contact button...but who knows if she got it. Kelly- please add me to your saturday deal email list! Thanks!
    can someone let me know what the saturday deal was?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Krieg:
    I sent Kelly an email via contact button...but who knows if she got it. Kelly- please add me to your saturday deal email list! Thanks!
    Always best to try to reach us by email rather than using any forum contact. Email for us is always 100% and with the forum message system, things get overlooked easily.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    docedwards:
    Marketing disaster. Can't wait to hear the explanation. I want to hear from her and the boss.
    First, please let me apologize for any inconvenience. Kelly was our only person in this Saturday and as others have mentioned, our Saturday hours are shorter. I will check to make sure your email was not overlooked during our regular business hours. Also, I will personally assure you that whatever deal you were trying to take advantage of will be honored when we reopen on Monday morning. If you would like to discuss your situation further, you can also feel free to email me at asvenson at cigar.com
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    docedwards:
    Dude....seriously? I'm a little curious to know what exactly warranted this kind of response, because I guess I'm a little unclear. From my perspective, this sounds a wee bit high and mighty, not to mention like a spoiled brat. If you haven't already, you will learn that when it comes to customer service, and giving the public great deals on cigars, Cigar.com is to be matched by absolutely nobody. The number of times they've honored bygone deals that no other company would honor probably outweighs my post count, and that's hardly scratching the brim of the excellent treatment that Cigar.com customers receive.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Hays:
    docedwards:
    Dude....seriously? I'm a little curious to know what exactly warranted this kind of response, because I guess I'm a little unclear. From my perspective, this sounds a wee bit high and mighty, not to mention like a spoiled brat. If you haven't already, you will learn that when it comes to customer service, and giving the public great deals on cigars, Cigar.com is to be matched by absolutely nobody. The number of times they've honored bygone deals that no other company would honor probably outweighs my post count, and that's hardly scratching the brim of the excellent treatment that Cigar.com customers receive.

Exactly what he said ...
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    gmill880:
    Hays:
    docedwards:

Exactly what he said ...
    While "Marketing Disaster" may be going a little far, I do understand some frustration. I never did get a response from last week's deal and didn't get one from yesterday either.

Honestly, Oh well though - saves me money!!! lol
  • DHawkDHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    I emailed Kelly yesterday and got an almost instant response back. Of course I sent mine about 1:30pm eastern, during the normal business hours.
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Hi gentlemen!  Please accept my apologies for those of you who haven't been receiving replies.  To make sure your email gets to Kelly, or any of us, you must send an email to kgraffin @ cigar.com (or your respective account manager) or you can always use service @ cigar.com.

Do not send a PM or email through the forum.  It does not work everytime for some reason.  We are looking into it, but in the meantime, please email direct.

To anyone who didn't receive a reply from Kelly, please resend email to service @ cigar.com.  I promise you your email will get addressed today!

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hays:
    docedwards:
    +1 to Hays... seriously dude, that is a bit of a childish response.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hays:
    docedwards:

Exactly my response! And Kelly doesn't just ignore people. I emailed her and got instant responses every time. Plus Tim, Alex, Andy, Kelly, etc have always gone above and beyond taking care of all us here. Tim just hooked me up with an absolutely amazing deal today as a matter of fact!!!
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hays:
    docedwards:

Exactly my response! And Kelly doesn't just ignore people. I emailed her and got instant responses every time.
    +1 shes awesome. I got a daily deal from here and one of the stogies had a little rip in it, probably from shipping. I called her and she sent out TWO replacements for that cigar in my next order. Above and beyond is where these guys go for customer service. This is the first place I ever bought cigars from, and I'll admit, I strayed a little at first, but not anymore. They will match deals - scratch that - they will beat deals that any other place advertises, and cannot be beat for how they will treat you. Just learn that there's different time zones, and come to the realization that people have lives away from just serving you.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    If you use the email address she provided, she gets right back to you. My response came back in just a few minutes. Of course, it also helped that she was still there at the time I sent my email.
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    Always best to try to reach us by email rather than using any forum contact. Email for us is always 100% and with the forum message system, things get overlooked easily.
    No problem, thanks Alex.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    GadwinDuil:
    gmill880:
    Hays:
    docedwards:

Exactly what he said ...
    While "Marketing Disaster" may be going a little far, I do understand some frustration. I never did get a response from last week's deal and didn't get one from yesterday either.

Honestly, Oh well though - saves me money!!! lol
    While I do understand a bit of frustration, there is no need to get petulant about this. The first time I see a "CCom screwed me" threadon the boards of ANY BOTL tells me a story about how they DIDNT take 100% satisfactory care of any issue, THEN lets raise the BS flag.

Until then, I think using words like DISASTER because you didnt happen to get a response to an e-mail might be just a bit overdramatic. Its shite like this that makes a company who bends over backwards to take care of its customers start to take a "There's no pleasing them, so why bother trying?" stance.
    Hays:
    docedwards:
    This is foremost an APOLOGY but also an explanation. I have already made amends to Kelly and now this "high and mighty" and "spoiled brat" is coming down from my ivory tower. All my business has been via the website and I was thinking of this as a usual 24 hr deal. I didn't expect Kelly or anyone to work 24 hrs but thought I would receive an automated response. I posted my comments after I and others failed to get a response. On Monday I did get a response and she extended the offer. I know it is difficult to convey the proper tone of a message online, but please be assured that this is a sincere apology. I won't respond directly to the other posts but Hays said it most pointedly and deservingly so. I'm sure my trust in redemption amongst the BOTL is properly placed. Have a great day.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Kumbayaaaa....
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    docedwards:
    Hays:
    docedwards:
    This is foremost an APOLOGY but also an explanation. I have already made amends to Kelly and now this "high and mighty" and "spoiled brat" is coming down from my ivory tower. All my business has been via the website and I was thinking of this as a usual 24 hr deal. I didn't expect Kelly or anyone to work 24 hrs but thought I would receive an automated response. I posted my comments after I and others failed to get a response. On Monday I did get a response and she extended the offer. I know it is difficult to convey the proper tone of a message online, but please be assured that this is a sincere apology. I won't respond directly to the other posts but Hays said it most pointedly and deservingly so. I'm sure my trust in redemption amongst the BOTL is properly placed. Have a great day.
    i forgive you. us bama boys gotta stick todether!!!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Alex Williams:
    wait a minute... depends on what we're talking about. Cigars, sure. Football, that's a totally different story.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    wait a minute... depends on what we're talking about. Cigars, sure. Football, that's a totally different story.
    hahaha everythin but football ;D