Home General Discussion

Vacationing in southern California this month..........

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
I will be visiting the mouse with big ears this month with the family. Any good cigar shops in the area that a BOTL might want to see? Could even make some time to meet a friend or 2 at said shop to partake in a smoke ;) I will be in the land of Disney the 20-23, speak to me my friends........

Comments

• surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    firetruckguy:
    I will be visiting the mouse with big ears this month with the family. Any good cigar shops in the area that a BOTL might want to see? Could even make some time to meet a friend or 2 at said shop to partake in a smoke ;) I will be in the land of Disney the 20-23, speak to me my friends........
    Disneyland in the summer on a weekend? you are a brave man, and must love your family lol. I don't know what I have going on then, but I'd be down for a herf. Anyone else?
  • rmccloudrmccloud Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 160
    Just got back from Disney World in Orlando, it was busy but nearly as busy as I thought that it would be the week before the 4th of July...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    surfingzeeko:
    firetruckguy:
    Disneyland in the summer on a weekend? you are a brave man, and must love your family lol. I don't know what I have going on then, but I'd be down for a herf. Anyone else?

Thanks Zeeko, I wanted Cancun and we ended up in Disneyland.......... go figure.
    I figured there was more southern Cali guys that would chime in......... anyone? anyone?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    firetruckguy:
    I figured there was more southern Cali guys that would chime in......... anyone? anyone?
    Bueller? Bueller?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    It's hard to say for sure right now, I will know more about what's going on with me the closer we get to when you're coming. Would love to get together and burn a couple.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    The only decent shop I know of is the one in Temecula that we all meet at. There are probably others, but I don't know of them. As far as when you're here, that looks like it's the middle of the week, so I can't really do much, but maybe some of the other guys would be able to.

Edit: I just remembered something. At the Grand Californian, there's a bar at the back of the hotel that sells cigars and has a patio with a firepit where you can smoke. Other than that I can't really think of a spot on the property they allow cigar smoking. What hotel are you staying at?
  • CeleCele Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5

Sorry to but in and this is going to be way of topic. I have a couple of things that I'm worried about. I don't know if you have ever come across these issues before.  1) is it ok to leave the plastic on the cigar or should I unwrap them before putting them in my humidor? 2) I had my humidor drop down to 67 for about 15 minutes last night. Are all my cigars toast??

Thanks

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Cele, Go look in Cigar101, Lots of answers to commonly asked questions and if you cant find an answer, PM me, id be glad to help out

Back on topic, i'd love to herf but im getting back from the boat around that time...if i can i will...just need to nail down my detachment dates.
    Jetmech_63:
    Cele, Go look in Cigar101, Lots of answers to commonly asked questions and if you cant find an answer, PM me, id be glad to help out

Back on topic, i'd love to herf but im getting back from the boat around that time...if i can i will...just need to nail down my detachment dates.

Awesome! Let me know next week if it would work out....... maybe we can get a couple more cigar bums to herf with us ;)
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I just got back from Cancun last month. It was awesome, but atleast you wont have to deal with customs! took me over 2 hours to get through and I wasnt even searched.
    Heading out tomorrow for southern Cali. Stopping in Vegas for a couple days, then on to Disney. I dont mind the drive....... my kids hate me for it. I tell them the money I saved driving, insted of flying, helped pay for the 2 night stay at the Venetian. Should be a good time had by all. Oh yeah, and 10 sticks are comming with me :)
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    have fun! i just got back from vegas this past weekend. I wish I could help you with cigar bars/shops within the area of disneyland but i only know of places in san diego/temecula. enjoy your stay while your down here.