Home General Discussion

DAMNIT

pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
Anyone have a quick cure for a rolled ankle? Ive got a huuuuge rugby game the 10th, and I just rolled the *** out of my ankle at the beach tonight

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    lots of ice and an Ace bandage?
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    Elevate it, keep off of it as much as possible for a day or so, then stretch it every day leading up to the match. Worked for football at least. You might want to tape your ankle up for the match too.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    How bad is it? If it's swelling, definitely ice it in cycles (10 min on, 90 min off) until the swelling goes down some. Do NOT over-ice it. Last thing your ankle needs is a cold injury on top of the sprain.

If it's really bad, pop some aspirin or ibuprofen and avoid putting weight on that foot. Also, wrapping support bandages tight (but not enough to cut blood circulation) can also help against pressure on the ankle.

Really helpful sometimes: Elevate the ankle above your heart whenever you're lying down. This will relieve you of pain in the short term and slow down the flow of body fluids to the injured area (so that it won't swell as much).
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    all good advice, but make sure you move it around a bit, you want to make sure you keep it nimble.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    Ya I'm throwin Ice on it as much as i can. I'm just so pissed. We just got a badass sponsorship for new jearseys, and this is the last game I can get to in the summer season. I'ma work on stretching it out as much as I can this week. Thanks guys!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Ice
    Stretching
    Motrin...anti-inflammatory
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    I am up way to early I read down Jetmech's list and for a split second I read the signature and thought steak was part of the treatment. That would be an awesome treatment
  • bsjones7bsjones7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Five gallon bucket full of ice and water. That's better for an ankle than just the normal ice pack. Ibuprofin 3 times a day. If your a decent size guy u can double what the bottle says to take. To stretch take a towel and hold the ends and put the middle around ur foot. Pull back with slight pressure and then use ur foot to form the letters of the alphabet. I played college football and that's what a dr that worked the olympics and trained the st louis rams had us do.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    All the above + Aleive!
  • pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    Sweet thanks guys! I got an awesome ankle brace from one of the guys on the team, and I wrapped it real tight last night. I can kind of walk on it now! More like hobble painfully, but same thing.