Home General Discussion

Cigar of the Month Club

interpiminterpim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
As a relatively new cigar smoker, I have been thinking really hard about the Cigar of the Month Club. I think it will give me a good way to sample many different cigars, and find out what I like etc... One thing that I'm kind of hung up on, is pulling the trigger on the yearly cost... I'm not sure if I can swing a $360 price tag past my wife without catching a lot of flack LOL... I can pull off $40 here and there buying 5 packs etc. Do you guys think it is worth it for me to save up a little dough to join the club for a year? or should I stick to buying singles in the B&M to figure out what I like?

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    They also have a monthly plan where you pay as you go.
  • interpiminterpim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    but then I wouldn't get the snazzy humidor to use until I get my big one built.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I pay for mine monthly. It is a good way to try sticks you wouldn't normally try. It will expose you to lots of different stuff. The discount is nice if you buy a lot from ccom. I do. The actual value of the cigars you get on a monthly basis is debatable. Personally I don't feel it's been a very good value for the past 6 or 7 months. I've seen the selections I got show up on the DD, or in samplers for significantly less than what I paid. In addition to just adding up the value of the sticks for what they regularly go for. My suggestion would be to try it for 3 months and then go from there.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    interpim:
    As a relatively new cigar smoker, I have been thinking really hard about the Cigar of the Month Club. I think it will give me a good way to sample many different cigars, and find out what I like etc... One thing that I'm kind of hung up on, is pulling the trigger on the yearly cost... I'm not sure if I can swing a $360 price tag past my wife without catching a lot of flack LOL... I can pull off $40 here and there buying 5 packs etc. Do you guys think it is worth it for me to save up a little dough to join the club for a year? or should I stick to buying singles in the B&M to figure out what I like?
    Send me a pm, I'll hook you up when you get your new address.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Do it! You'll eventually be forgiven, and you'll be happy long after, at least, until next year, when you do it again.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    just remember...it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. oh wait ! i dont think my wife likes that statement....