Home Non Cigar Related

bummer

Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
ever own a home? sometimes not the greatest...lol..dam water heater went out...thank god for a home warranty cuz my A/C is about to go out sometime soon to. lol..

Comments

• doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ever own a home? sometimes not the greatest...lol..dam water heater went out...thank god for a home warranty cuz my A/C is about to go out sometime soon to. lol..

Yup, owned a few. Due to the way my first purchase worked I ended up living in the house for about 9 months and lost close to $10,000 on it.

Lesson learned? Never get your friend to do the inspection even if he's licensed, has his own business and does it regularly. It's worth paying the money to be able to turn around and sue the crap out of someone you don't know.

Good luck with your applicance issues though!
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    completely agreed...I wont use family to work on the house at all...or friends...not worth it...my father will help me out on the house if I need it(only due to I am 22 with limited knowledge of certain items...water heaters being one of them). I know quite a bit about homes from growing up in a construction family..I know cabinetry, flooring..god I know every flooring imaginable including commercial lol...tile, toilets, sinks, garbage disposals, windows, interior walls, certain plumbing, and anything in the yard...lol
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I'm looking at buying an old farm house on short sale that was built in 1924 so I am really nervous about the inspection.
    *** 1924...dam bro...better get a awesome contractor to be ur best bud lol...thats insane but it would be a bad ass cigar shop...lol..two stories lol
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Where I grew up many of the homes were over 100 years old so old homes like this 1924 seem normal to me. I recently heard someone call a 1980's house old which made me chuckle.

This house has had some issues but I think there is enough potential to make it worth it, pending the inspection...
    lol...yeah its not that old...mine was biult in 1960. I grew up in a home that was build in 1940 though..i do like the old charm they have.