Home General Discussion

Flying with a Good amount of CIGARS?

RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
Hey Guys I am getting ready to do quite a Bit of traveling and I want your take on Cigars in Flight. I have a couple of travel doors.. but I am planning on takiung enough sticks to get me by for 12-14 days plus a few to share. Whats your best Methods? Baggies and Humi Packs? I cant take a Lighter with me either so Ill have to grab a torch once there. SUCKS The Whole trip is going to be Crazy Busy but I will want to wind down at Night. ALso I am golfing at a Class reunion whats your favs on the Course! Mine will be Diesels... and Churchills. an a NUB or two.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    While I was moving, I just put my humidors in. However, my humis are small 30, 20, and another 20 count. Just put them between some clothes and you're good. If you're not comfortable with the idea, I'd suggest a small herfador.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I have a 15 count herfador I use while traveling. For 12-14 days of traveling, that is certainly not enough. One thing you could do is mail a package to wherever you are heading to (if it's family that you are visiting, for instance) and it would get there when you do. Send along some beads in a tubo and a digital hygrometer. :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    kuzi16:
    nice. wish I had time to smoke that many on a trip, ever, to need that big a travel humi. That's massive. But someone's gonna eye it funny in the airport, cuz it looks like it could be a bomb case, haha!
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I was just in Canada for a week and bought a plain old cigar jar and was able to cram about 30 lonsdales in there. It was perfect. I put it in my checked bag and it withstood tons of abuse. They are cheap too and humidified.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Thanks Alex ..... Love that Idea! YOU ARE THE MAN!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Alexs' idea is cheaper but Kuzi, that's a really nice travel=dor.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    phobicsquirrel:
    Alexs' idea is cheaper but Kuzi, that's a really nice travel=dor.
    Yeah, that really IS a nice travel-dor. I went to Maui for about a month to get married and brought about 30 sticks in a gallon sized zip lock baggie with a dry bead tube ( Humidity in Hawaii is high). Put them it in my carry-on luggage and all was good.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    My last trip I had more than would fit in my travel humi, so I just stuck the extras in ziplocks with pillows, then placed them all in an extra cigar box in my backpack.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Thanks Guys I have my Plan! LOL
    on a Side Note.......
    How about the Freaking Customer Service Getting a Tip from Alex.... How Many companys can you name that have such Involvement with there customers Like CCOM....... Ill be Damned If I can think of any! KUDOS CCOM>