Home General Discussion

Happy Father's Day!

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
Hope all the dads have a great Father's Day! And I hope all you sons enjoy your day with your dads!

What's everyone smoking for their special day?

I'll be having an AF day, myself. A King B and Royal Salute and maybe a Rothschild Maduro if I can squeeze it in.....

Comments

• jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    My wife just gave birth yesterday and we will be taking the little one home tomorrow...on Father's day. I can think of no better gift than what my wife has already done for me.

However...she went out and bought me a large coffee table that doubles as a glass top humidor. She is a pretty special lady.

When I get home tomorrow I will smoke a couple of cigars. I've got a Montecristo White Churchill set aside for early in the day, then later in the evening I will smoke a Camacho Triple Muduro Toro that I've been saving for a special day.

They don't get any more special than this.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    jpclotfelter:
    My wife just gave birth yesterday and we will be taking the little one home tomorrow...on Father's day. I can think of no better gift than what my wife has already done for me.

However...she went out and bought me a large coffee table that doubles as a glass top humidor. She is a pretty special lady.

When I get home tomorrow I will smoke a couple of cigars. I've got a Montecristo White Churchill set aside for early in the day, then later in the evening I will smoke a Camacho Triple Muduro Toro that I've been saving for a special day.

Solid! congrats. thats just an awesome gift...... the child I mean of course. Its the best feeling in the world to be a dad. BTW thats two great cigars right there. Perfect way to celebrate.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Congratulations to you and your wife. The gift of a little one is indeed a special one and I'm exceedingly happy for you.

I've always thought 'Nub' would be a suitable nickname for a young'un and it's also a kinda unisex thing - it'll work for a boy or a girl. Jus' thinkin'...........

Anyway, much happiness to all of you.

Marty

• turn_keyturn_key Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    Congrats jp!

I'll be golfing with some friends tomorrow morning and I think I'll smoke that cohiba maduro that's been staring at me for a while.

Happy Father's Day everyone.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    jpclotfelter:

congratulations!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    jpclotfelter:

Congrats bro! I mean Dad!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Congrats JP! And a happy Father's Day to all the dads here! I am really looking forward to my day because it will be my first day off in a while, and I will get to spend it with my wife and my son. My son just turned 2 this month, so we will be running around the back yard and playing in the pool all day. Might even head down to the park on my block. But I will be smoking some cigars for sure! Planning on starting with an Air Bender, but may end up saving it for later in the day, not sure how long I'll be able to resist it. Either way it will be a day of smokes and family. Doesn't get much better than that!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Happy fathers day to all, I am going to be spending most of the day w the kids. Taking them to their 1st baseball game.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Congrats JP! That's awesome your wife got you a humidor for Father's Day!

This is my first Father's Day as as "Dad" so I gotta smoke something good!
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    That is one hell of a Father's Day JP. Congrats to ALL the brothers in our family who have become dad's this year!
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143
    Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, especially the new ones! My son just turned 3...we spent Father's Day playing golf yesterday, he had a blast. Then I came home to find that he and my wife got me a bottle of Merlot with an Aurora 107 toro sitting next to it!! I heard that the little guy picked it out, too! Those are the best gifts!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    jpclotfelter:

Congrats, man. Smoking a My Father by DPG after dinner tonight. Father's Day and my grandpa passed on 8 years ago today.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I tend to think every day is fathers day as with mothers day. I personally feel it's a sham holiday made up to get money. though those of you who are celebrating congrats and have a great day, and hopefully can get a cigar or two in.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    I am looking forward to my fathers day turning around for me here soon. On my way to my best friends sons 1st birthday party the car decided it was time to die. Cruising down the road all of a sudden no gas was getting to the engine. So after sitting on the side of the road for a hour and a half waiting for the tow truck I just got home from picking up my daughter since my mom picked her up from where we were stuck. I am getting ready to put her to bed and lighting up a My Father #1 that has 10 months on it and putting back a few Dogfish Head brews. It can only get better from here. And to anyone else who is a father, Happy Fathers Day.
    The wife got me a decent pipe and some pipe tobacco for Father's Day! Can't wait to break her in tonight.
  • jreed10209jreed10209 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
    Happy Fathers Day to all the BOTL, new and old !!!!! Smoke on .....
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    TatuajeVI:
    The wife got me a decent pipe and some pipe tobacco for Father's Day! Can't wait to break her in tonight.
    Oh man! You best post pics! We can have a "Sophisticate off" where we try to post the most stereotypical pipe smoking pictures :-D
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Worst fathers day ever.. You guys ever hear of murphy's law? UGH!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Happy Father's Day!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Fourtotheflush:
    Worst fathers day ever.. You guys ever hear of murphy's law? UGH!

uh oh.. what happened?
    GadwinDuil:
    TatuajeVI:
    Oh man! You best post pics! We can have a "Sophisticate off" where we try to post the most stereotypical pipe smoking pictures :-D
    ROFL. I saw your pics you posted! I'm not sure I can handle your level of sophistication!

Do you ever puff on your pipe and think to yourself (or remark outloud) "elementary my dear Watson!"