Home General Discussion

Day Job

docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
This may have been discussed before, but I'm interested in knowing if we have many, (any), members who own, have owned, would like to own, or is working in a cigar shop.

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Well, uh, I'm building one...
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I'd like to own a cigar shop. Problem is, I'll probably smoke all my merchandise. Never make profit.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ... still waiting on ccom to offer me a job....
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well I am actually looking into a part time job at a shop near me. I need a way to make some extra money because we just found out we are taking a pay cut at work, and there is a decent shop right around the corner from the house I just moved into. The shop is really new and the owner seems new to the cigar world. I'm thinking I might be able to help him out and attract some new business.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    PuroFreak:
    Well I am actually looking into a part time job at a shop near me. I need a way to make some extra money because we just found out we are taking a pay cut at work, and there is a decent shop right around the corner from the house I just moved into. The shop is really new and the owner seems new to the cigar world. I'm thinking I might be able to help him out and attract some new business.

There are two selling for just under $100k ea in RI. They state that the profit for ea store is approx $35k annually. Im sure you could build it up with sime good marketing and a fresh look on the stores.

Its a tough biz now with the smoking regulations. Im sure you can get some tips from the burg.

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I am just doing rep work but I visit a ton of shops. My original goal was to open a B&M.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I would love to open a shop out where I'm at. We could really use one and I know for a fact I could get some good business.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Fourtotheflush:
    PuroFreak:

There are two selling for just under $100k ea in RI. They state that the profit for ea store is approx $35k annually. Im sure you could build it up with sime good marketing and a fresh look on the stores.

Its a tough biz now with the smoking regulations. Im sure you can get some tips from the burg.

With all due respect, I wouldn't believe that. If there is $35k of profit annually, the sale price is way too low. I'd do a lot of due dilligence before going in on that.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    Just an entry to push my request back to the top. Thanks.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    One2gofst:
    Fourtotheflush:
    PuroFreak:

With all due respect, I wouldn't believe that. If there is $35k of profit annually, the sale price is way too low. I'd do a lot of due dilligence before going in on that.

Im not looking to buy this, and my numbers are from memory, but that is in the general area. I wouldnt be so surprised as folks are terrified in this industry of new regulations, such as schip and smoking inside laws.