Home General Discussion

Cigars and 4th of July

GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
I just ordered some CAO Americas for the 4th to get all patriotic. I'm curious, what do you think of these and what would be that one stick you you light up for 4th of July?

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I got a CAO America in a trade a couple months ago, thats the stick a lot of guys here say they save for the 4th of July, and I'll be one of em... cant wait!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ill probably be working the 4th but if im not i have no idea what ill be smoking. i never have any idea what to smoke till i open up the humidor and a random cigar jumps out.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Cheesy is as cheesy does...... I'm guilty of picking up a five pack for the 4th!
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    Ill be smoking my Warrior Legacy Gurkha to celebrate our soldiers in our war who protect us to enjoy the day...lilwing actually gave it to me..thanks! lol
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    kuzi16:
    i have no idea what ill be smoking. i never have any idea what to smoke till i open up the humidor and a random cigar jumps out.
    Ditto.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    If I don't have to work...and I shouldn't, it will be MOW day. MOW Virtue, MOW, Mow Special Edition, and MOW Ruination.
  • GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    I always hear about the Brazil and Italia CAO but not so much about the America. Now I'm twice as anxious for the holiday to come to try these. I expect good BBQ, great cigars, and explosions haha
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    KCW:
    kuzi16:
    i have no idea what ill be smoking. i never have any idea what to smoke till i open up the humidor and a random cigar jumps out.
    Ditto.
    +1 more
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    MOW Virtue seems appropriate to me. Now if I could just find one in a churchill vitola, it'd be perfect
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    I had an America las 4th. Seemed like the right thing to do. Pretty tasty cigar as I recall. Might do the same this year, I kind of like cheese ball traditions.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    lilwing88:
    Cheesy is as cheesy does...... I'm guilty of picking up a five pack for the 4th!
    +1 so cheesy but I got my four for the fouth ready. hahaha....i like the cigar a lot and have smoke them every year on the 4th since they came out.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I have smoked four CAO America's each of the last two 4th of July days. There is a sampler with four of them that I usually order to smoke, but I will be grabbing a few potomacs and then ending with the monument my girlfriend got me last year.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I smoked one of these last year for the 4th. It was a good smoke, but mine had a few burn issues with it which kinda pissed me off. I will probably try it again this year.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Might have to smoke an America too. Will also be celebrating with an Anejo and a Don Carlos anniversary.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I had a few burn issues with it too. Smokes like a log of fire wood. Maybe a packed a little too full and tight. The flavors aren't bad, but aren't something to rave about either, but given the tradition and all, its not a bad smoke.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I've never smoked an America, but that would certainly be appropriate!
    kuzi16:
    ill probably be working the 4th but if im not i have no idea what ill be smoking. i never have any idea what to smoke till i open up the humidor and a random cigar jumps out.
    Man, how did you train your cigars to jump at you? Sure takes the "what am I going to smoke today?" and throws that out the window! That's awesome! ;)
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I will be smoking a GOF
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    America, liberty 08 maybe my other 05.., gof, and maybe an opus or a triple maddy..
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    same here...whatever I see and feel like lighting up. (so much to choose from...)
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    illinoisgolf99:
    I got a CAO America in a trade a couple months ago, thats the stick a lot of guys here say they save for the 4th of July, and I'll be one of em... cant wait!

That's a great idea! I'm goign to a CAO event at a B&M event this evening, I hope they've got a discount on the America, I'll pick up a few sticks for sure.

• gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Don't have any "patriotic" cigars....think I'll go with either the GOF or Comacho PE I got (and have been saving for a "special occasion") on the DD several months ago-can't wait for the 4th!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Since there's a good possibility that there's going to be a so cal herf the day before I'll probably smoke nothing on the fourth since I'll have had like 4 cigars the day before. Assuming I go to the herf. I'm not committing! Big Smile [:D]
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Got the week off and the weekend so I think I'll puff away all week. I'm looking forward to it. I was only getting 2 days off now it'll be 8 days!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Poker Slob:
    If I don't have to work...and I shouldn't, it will be MOW day. MOW Virtue, MOW, Mow Special Edition, and MOW Ruination.
    thats my plan!