Home General Discussion

Rate these 10 in order please

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
Still trying to learn more about the smokes.  I've had several of these and am curious how others see them.  Please rate in order of preference and in parenthesis the perceived strength of the sticks.  (Strong/Medium/Light/etc).   Any comments would obviously be appreciated.  Cost/value is not a factor in this poll.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Here is the field of 15 I have come up with.  List your top 10 if possible.   I think they are relatively similar in strength and style but like I said I am still learning.

-Alec Bradley Tempus
-Arturo Fuente Opus X
-Arturo Fuente Don Carlos
-Ashton VSG
-Camacho Corojo
-Camacho Pre-Embargo
-Cohiba Puro Dominicana
-Don Pepin Garcia Blue
-Joya de Nicaragua Antano
-La Gloria Cubana Serie R
-Man o War Ruination
-Olivia Series V
-Padilla Miami
-Padilla 1932
-Tatuaje Miami

*I know I am leaving some tremendous cigars off this list but these are the ones I am interesting in feedback on.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Padilla 1932 (strong)
    Joya de Nicaragua Antaño (strong)
    Padilla Miami (med-strong)
    Oliva Serie V (strong)
    Alec Bradley Tempus (not Quadrum size) (med-strong)
    Man o War Ruination (strong)
    Tatuaje Miami (strong)
    Ashton VSG (med-strong)
    DPG Blue (med-strong)
    Fuente Don Carlos (med-strong)

That is close for me, it was kind of hard to pick which ones would go in a particular order. Also note, I'm sure someone will disagree with me on strengths listed, it seems to me that people perceive strength differently...for example, I think the Opus X is med-strong at most, but some think they are very full bodied.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ZAP:
    Still trying to learn more about the smokes.  I've had several of these and am curious how others see them.  Please rate in order of preference and in parenthesis the perceived strength of the sticks.  (Strong/Medium/Light/etc).   Any comments would obviously be appreciated.  Cost/value is not a factor in this poll.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Here is the field of 15 I have come up with.  List your top 10 if possible.   I think they are relatively similar in strength and style but like I said I am still learning.

-Alec Bradley Tempus
    -Arturo Fuente Opus X
    -Ashton VSG
    -Camacho Corojo
    -Camacho Pre-Embargo
    -Cohiba Puro Dominicana
    -Don Pepin Garcia Blue
    -Man o War Ruination
    -Olivia Series V
    -Padilla Miami
    -Padilla 1932
    -Tatuaje Miami

*I know I am leaving some tremendous cigars off this list but these are the ones I am interesting in feedback on.
    i have had a surprising few of these...
    here goes nothing:

-Arturo Fuente Opus X (full)
    -Camacho Pre-Embargo (full)
    -Camacho Corojo (very full)*
    -Arturo Fuente Don Carlos (full)
    -Olivia Series V (medium-full)
    -Man o War Ruination (med-full)
    -Don Pepin Garcia Blue (med-full)
    -Ashton VSG (med) -Padilla Miami (med)

* Camacho Corojo ltd. diploma.

there are a couple of big jumps in there too. the top three are all very close. so close that on another day i may put them in a different order. id say about 70% of the time the OpusX will be first on this list given these options.

then there is a decent jump down to the don carlos. this is a good cigar but it does not compare to the top three. i feel the don carlos is a bit out of balance. the power of this cigar is more than you expect from it given the flavors. close behind is the V and the MoW those two could be switched on any given day either.

from there its another jump down to the DPG blue. this is probably lower on my list than many others because i tend to shy away from spicy cigars that use a bunch Nicaraguan tobacco.

the Ashton VSG is another step down. i expect so much more out of this cigar but it has never really impressed me.

the padilla miami is lower still. again this goes back to the spice and nicaraguan tobacco. i have only smoked one of these and i wondered why it got such high ratings. maybe i got a bad one, iduno. im sure ill try one again some day but im not running out to buy another.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    kuzi16:
    ZAP:

-Alec Bradley Tempus
    -Arturo Fuente Opus X
    -Ashton VSG
    -Camacho Corojo
    -Camacho Pre-Embargo
    -Cohiba Puro Dominicana
    -Don Pepin Garcia Blue
    -Man o War Ruination
    -Olivia Series V
    -Padilla Miami
    -Padilla 1932
    -Tatuaje Miami

i have had a surprising few of these...
    here goes nothing:

-Arturo Fuente Opus X (full)
    -Camacho Pre-Embargo (full)
    -Camacho Corojo (very full)*
    -Arturo Fuente Don Carlos (full)
    -Olivia Series V (medium-full)
    -Man o War Ruination (med-full)
    -Don Pepin Garcia Blue (med-full)
    -Ashton VSG (med) -Padilla Miami (med)

* Camacho Corojo ltd. diploma.

there are a couple of big jumps in there too. the top three are all very close. so close that on another day i may put them in a different order. id say about 70% of the time the OpusX will be first on this list given these options.

then there is a decent jump down to the don carlos. this is a good cigar but it does not compare to the top three. i feel the don carlos is a bit out of balance. the power of this cigar is more than you expect from it given the flavors. close behind is the V and the MoW those two could be switched on any given day either.

from there its another jump down to the DPG blue. this is probably lower on my list than many others because i tend to shy away from spicy cigars that use a bunch Nicaraguan tobacco.

the Ashton VSG is another step down. i expect so much more out of this cigar but it has never really impressed me.

the padilla miami is lower still. again this goes back to the spice and nicaraguan tobacco. i have only smoked one of these and i wondered why it got such high ratings. maybe i got a bad one, iduno. im sure ill try one again some day but im not running out to buy another.
    -Don Pepin Garcia Blue (med-full) -Joya de Nicaragua Antano (full) -La Gloria Cubana Serie R (med) -Man o War Ruination (full) -Olivia Series V (full) -Padilla Miami (med) -Tatuaje MiamiAlec Bradley Tempus (med-full) -Arturo Fuente Opus X (med-full) -Arturo Fuente Don Carlos (med-full) -Camacho Pre-Embargo (med) These are all good choices, and therefore very hard to rate. Strength is very subjective as well.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    j0z3r:
    Padilla 1932 (strong)
    Joya de Nicaragua Antaño (strong)
    Padilla Miami (med-strong)
    Oliva Serie V (strong)
    Alec Bradley Tempus (not Quadrum size) (med-strong)
    Man o War Ruination (strong)
    Tatuaje Miami (strong)
    Ashton VSG (med-strong)
    DPG Blue (med-strong)
    Fuente Don Carlos (med-strong)

That is close for me, it was kind of hard to pick which ones would go in a particular order. Also note, I'm sure someone will disagree with me on strengths listed, it seems to me that people perceive strength differently...for example, I think the Opus X is med-strong at most, but some think they are very full bodied.
    Im curious about your (not Quadrum size) comment on the AB Tempus Joe - bad experiences or just personal preference?

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Not so surprising is I have only had 2 listed. ruination and 1932... I would have to say ruination, but not by a long shot.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    The Sniper:
    ]Im curious about your (not Quadrum size) comment on the AB Tempus Joe - bad experiences or just personal preference?

If you haven't tried other vitolas of the Tempus, do so! They really are quite different (and far better in my humble opinion) than the quadrum. I think that's what Joe was hinting at.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    The Sniper:
    Im curious about your (not Quadrum size) comment on the AB Tempus Joe - bad experiences or just personal preference?

I just think it's the weakest representation of the Tempus line, I've really liked the other sizes but the Quadrum to me was kinda ho-hum. Nothing against it, I just don't base that spot in the list on that particular size.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    rated 1 through 9 for me is 1-Ashton VSG (Full) 2- Cohiba (Medium) 3- AF Don Carlos (medium) 4-Padilla Miami (full) 5-Olivia V (full) 6-AB Tempus (full) 7- DPG Blue (med-full) 8-LGC serie R (full) 9-Padilla 1932 (full). I haven't had the other 6 so I can't rate them, but if you send them to me, I will rate them for you!!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Tie for #1 would be Opus (full) and Camacho Pre-Embargo (med-full)
    Ashton VSG (full)
    Padilla 32 (med-full)
    Oliva Series V (full)
    Pepin Blue (med-full)
    Ruination (med-full)
    Tempus (med)
    Camacho Corojo (med-full)
    Antano (full)
    Padilla Miami (med)

Not sure if I've had the Don Carlos, don't think I've had the Cohiba Puro (but their products are generally good), haven't had the Tat Miami (again, great products in general though) and only had one La Gloria Cubana and absolutely hated it (probably a bad stick because it smelled and tasted like a mix of wet dog and weed).