Home General Discussion

Imperfect humi? Your thoughts...

xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
Seems like there are a couple sites that sell these scratch and dent humi's and I'm woundering if it's a good idea or not. Going to be getting 100-300 capacity and I'm looking for bang-for-buck, but I don't want to fall into a trap. I'm not made of money, but I want something good. Any reccomendations? Anything I should steer clear of? Also not sure if this is a 101 question so sorry if this is viewed as out of place.

Comments

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    No worries...I, as well as several others here, have purchased "imperfect" humis from CheapHumidors.com. I would have to say - my 'imperfect' has been completely perfect. No seal issues, and the only cosmetic imperfections are a couple of scuffs that are nigh on invisible. Now, I think I may have lucked out, as I know one other person that got an 'imperfect' humi in slightly less pristine condition, but I think overall they are an excellent value.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Personally, if I could lay my hands on it and inspect it and see the damage before I paid for it I would consider it. If I was just ordering it off the web and had to trust the vendors judgment of what imperfect meant then I don't think I would. It also would depend on the price difference. Are we talking a 10 dollar savings? 50? 100? I guess decide what your savings threshold is.

I've seen new, undamaged 100-300 ct humidors online for under a hundred bucks, so I don't really know how much savings there is. If you ask around here I'm sure some of the guys on this board could point you towards a few places that have those great prices.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    If you order a imperfect and dont like it...send it back and get your money back...I ordered my imperfect from them...300 count...couldnt be happier...could be a little nicer but who cares...unless you keep ur humi in a air conditioned house you probably dont leave it out for everyone to see anyways...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Same here. I ordered an imperfect and you really have to look for the small nick in the rear of humidor. They still come with a full warranty.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i also have an imperfect humi from them. i have yet to find the imperfection (2 years on).

if you want bang for your buck, the way you might consider going is a coolerdor. $40 (plus humidification) and you have a humidor that can hold 600 or more. yeah it may not look great, but it works.

personally i wouldnt go that way but only because the wife would constantly tell me how ugly it was.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    In the future I'm thinking of getting myself a 50 ct humi for about 30 bucks from cheaphumidors. I don't care about brands I just want to know if they are reliable and good quality.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I have a 300 count imperfect from cheaphumidors.com and I can't find a thing wrong with it. Have no idea why it was marked down. I sure am happy with it and got an incredible deal.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Cool guys.. I think I'll have to consider it since most of you had good experiences. And like siad before, I can return it if it's lame. And I have to say... Out of all the forums I have been on for various things, this one is by FAR the most helpful and warm group of people as far as I can tell. Give yourselves a "self-hug" from me for being awesome!!
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143
    I agree, this has been helpful. I'm looking to upgrade (or just get a second!) to a larger humi and I might just go with an imperfect this time around!
  • GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    I was eyein' an imperfect on cheaphumidors and there was only 1 left, thanks to this thread I'm sure one of you grabbed it. Oh well, nothing wrong with going bigger :P