Home General Discussion

Tatuaje Red or Black?

Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
Which box do I want to get? The black is $40 more but I already have six reds (not that I wouldn't want more). I haven't had the black yet..

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Initially, upon their release, I would have said Red all the way...6 months down the road, however, I think the Black is the better cigar.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    My vote is black. The red tubos are sort of funky when they age. Granted, I let 'em rest in the tubes. Either way, you can't go wrong.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I would go and at least smoke the black first before you dive in with a box. maybe smoke a red, then the next day smoke the black and see which one you like more then make the investment.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i love the flavor of the black but mine had serious burn issues that only time can take care of. if you get the black, let them rest for a while. the red is phenomenal.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i like the reds when they are fresh. the blacks are better when they are aged. so it all depends on when you want to smoke them.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    dennisking:
    i love the flavor of the black but mine had serious burn issues that only time can take care of. if you get the black, let them rest for a while. the red is phenomenal.
    I had a black last week that had around 2-3 months of rest. The burn was frustrating and I had to touch it up constantly. The flavor, however, was amazing. I got something like toasted caramel. It was delightful.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I have actually still not smoked the Black Tubo, but have a few resting in the humi still. The red is a damn fine cigar. I have had the original Tat Black robusto which was fantastic, but I've heard these are totally different. I personally would pick up the Black, but that's just me...
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Hey Alex...PM me Ihave a box of each. Can increase the bomb coming your way.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Since I haven't had either of these I wrote them down and closed my eyes shuffled the papers and black won....lol Man I'm bored.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    Which box do I want to get? The black is $40 more but I already have six reds (not that I wouldn't want more). I haven't had the black yet..
    I have had one of each from a trade with the squirrel. The Red was awesome. The Black had some nice flavours but burn issues all the way thru. It took away from the enjoyment considerably. They may age well, as some have said but the Reds are great without any considerable age at all.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I've been wanting to try both but can't seem to find em
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    Ive had both and think the are both great in different ways. If you got some reds already, go with the black. you won't be disappointed. Ive had some burn issues with both as most have mentioned. Nothing bad just needs to be touched up every so often.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Anyone experience storage issues with either of these. Yesterday I took a look at mine...opened the first Red and found that the wrapper was totally coming off and it just fell apart from the cigar. found one more just like this ...only looked at four and two are losing the wrapper. The Black tubos I looked at are not like this. This is quite alarming. Makes me really not want to look at the remainder of the box of Red tubos.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Hayblet:
    I've been wanting to try both but can't seem to find em
    pm to ya.