Home General Discussion

Getting frustrated with damaged sticks

NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
Starting to get frustrated with damaged sticks. Today I got a delivery, and its the 3rd time a stick has had some pretty bad damage.... and this delivery... in part, to cover the previous shipment that had a damaged stick. In all 3 cases... the shipping boxes were fine.. and the other sticks were fine as well, just one that was beat up in each box.

First one was a Rocky Connie that was split down the side from a COTM package a few months back. Second one was the most recent COTM package, the La Aurora Cameroon, split all over. And this one today, which had replacement for the La Aurora... had a MOW Special Edition that the head was split and coming off totally. Aside of the complaining... thumbs up to Andy for getting the stuff to me fast, and with some great deals on the MOW's and 1961's. Im gonna call in on Monday, but darnit... its get really frustrating. image

Comments

• mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    Which shipping service are you using?
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    USPS. Boxes come in 2 days. No damage whatsoever on them... and all the other sticks are fine. I think if it were rough shipping... they would all be damaged?

How often do you guys get damaged sticks?
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    I have never gotten a damaged stick from CCOM through USPS. Let Andy know about it and perhaps he can do a little investigating.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Man sorry... dude that's really weird.

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    one time I had two house blends that had damage. Of the 10 sticks in the order the two in the middle got the damage. I email Tim and he sent me a house blend sampler to say sorry

all in all it sucks getting busted sticks, but ccom seems to be on top of trying to fix things ASAP. sorry you got hit 3 times.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    NYHCx516x:
    USPS. Boxes come in 2 days. No damage whatsoever on them... and all the other sticks are fine. I think if it were rough shipping... they would all be damaged?

How often do you guys get damaged sticks?

I have only had one really bad shippment (see "what happened to these cigar" thread). It looks like your MOW was dropped and landed on the cap. Maybe it happened in the box?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Bad luck? Looks like it's just the way it was out of the box. I found a gof tubo in my box that had the wrapper ripped due to the band being pushed up from putting the stick in the tube. I was mad but nothing I could really do. I am not sure if when shipping, ccom actually looks at the stick they mail. I mean that would be cool but if it's from the box then I'm not sure it'd be on ccom. I dunno, I'd still call and talk to somebody. It just sucks you've had this happen so many times.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    I got a house sampler a couple months ago and the corojo was absolutely wrecked - and a while back there was a DD with some Padilla Miamis the weren't in celo and one of them was pretty tore up. No biggie though - I'm pretty easy to please, lol!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    My first order with ccom had a damaged/destoyed stick in it. They handled it so well though it's actually what got me to re-order, and again, and again.

Recently though I've gotten about 4 damaged sticks in the past 3-4 months through different orders. They make good on them, but it's annoying. It's actually made me wonder if they've got someone new in the warehouse sometime in the past few months. Some of my orders don't look as well packed as they used to. Or maybe it's just me being retentive. When I was younger I used to work in a warehouse doing shipping, so I tend to be critical of how packages are packed and boxed. It's probably just me.
    Yea... I dont mean to sound like Im bashing on ccom, im totally not. Its just annoying, was really excited to get the package, and the beautiful MOW was damaged, lol.

Im sure Andy will patch things up on Monday.

To make myself feel better this evening though, I had my first La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. My first PA Broadleaf stick too... It was fantastic.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    NYHCx516x:
    To make myself feel better this evening though, I had my first La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. My first PA Broadleaf stick too... It was fantastic.
    no Diesel's yet? Man, you gotta get on that. If you don't have one, hit me up. I'll send you one. Gotta try the Diesel, especially if you like AJ's stuff.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Sorry bro to see that you have some rotten luck. I have yet to have any issues with shipping. I have received some boxes that where questionable through USPS but nothing like the photos listed above. With the great customer service from Andy and the crew, I'm sure that things will be set right.
    cholmes8310:
    NYHCx516x:
    no Diesel's yet? Man, you gotta get on that. If you don't have one, hit me up. I'll send you one. Gotta try the Diesel, especially if you like AJ's stuff.

Ive got one... i think its a matter of... after I smoke it... and if I really like it, ill have none left, lol. Naaa... will be getting to it this week I think.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    NYHCx516x:
    cholmes8310:
    NYHCx516x:

Ive got one... i think its a matter of... after I smoke it... and if I really like it, ill have none left, lol. Naaa... will be getting to it this week I think.
    you look like brad pitt
    Alex Williams:
    NYHCx516x:
    cholmes8310:
    NYHCx516x:

you look like brad pitt
    !!!!!!!! Ill have to run that by my girlfriend. LOL.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    that sucks about your sticks, let usknow what ccom does
    Krieg:
    that sucks about your sticks, let usknow what ccom does
    Andy says he will send a replacement on my next order.