Home General Discussion

Yo, Andy, Tim, Somebody!!!

jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
Man, I am really confoozed!! I just received a House Blend sampler and was trying to gather some info about 'em. First, I went to CCOM's listing of cigars and went to the house blend page. It says, for example, that the Blue Label is a Dominican but CCOM's latest catalog says it's a Nicaraguan with a Connecticut wrapper.

It also says the Cameroon is a Dominican but the catalog says Nicaraguan with a Cameroon wrapper. In fact, the catalog says they're ALL Nicaraguans with varying wrappers So, help me out, here. What are they, I mean, really??

I couldn't wait to try 'em so I smoked the Purple label first, since CCOM's cigars page says it's the mildest and I thought I'd work my way up the strength scale. It wasn't a bad smoke, easy draw, lotsa smoke, etc., but I shoulda let 'em all rest for a few weeks first. My hunch is that they'll be even better then.

Sorry to bring up this question but I'm the kinda guy who likes to research things to find out what's what and this disparity in the origin of these sticks has me baffled. And, as long as we're at it, could you verify for me the actual body rating of each of them? Are they mild, medium, or what? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Marty

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I think (but don't quote me on this) that Cigar.com moved production to another factory for almost all if not all of their blends. Maye they didn't update the website and only updated the catalog. The labels are new too.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Hmmmm! Okay, thanks for the info. Every little bit is appreciated.

Marty

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I let my red's sit for a few months before I smoke 'em.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Yes we did move production on the house blends. They are now made by Aj Fernandez but the blend are still all the same. We made the switch a while ago back around july 09.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Yes we did move production on the house blends. They are now made by Aj Fernandez but the blend are still all the same. We made the switch a while ago back around july 09.

Thanks for the reply, Andy, but my question still stands - are they all Nicaraguans or some Nicaraguans and some Dominicans? Should I go by what's printed in the catalog or by what's on the "House Blends" page at CCOM's website?

Marty

Never mind, Andy. I missed your point. After re-reading your reply I see that, if they're all made by AJ Fernandez, they must all be Nicaraguans and it's the webpage that needs updating. Sorry. My bad.

Marty