Home General Discussion

Anyone have a bird problem?

mstrmxrmstrmxr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
"Buster" the local bluebird stole my gar, twice!! It first happened about six months ago in my backyard. I put down a half smoked Fuente Hemmingway to answer the phone. When I got back 10 minutes later, poof it was gone! I first suspected my kids since they know "Daddy smokes cigars". But after their dubious denial, I let it go. Yet in the back of my mind, I was always thinking hmmm, those sneaky little suckers got me. But today it happened again! This time the kids were in the house watching TV. I was sitting on the deck sipping on some Flor de Cana 7 year and puffing on a Gran Habano Vintage 02, when the doorbell rang. I put down my gar on the faithful "Old Stinky" ashtray and went to the door. It was my mailman dropping of the Nub 460 Habanos and Nica Libre Diplomaticos I scored from the DD this week. When I returned from unpacking my loot and storing them in the humidor, BAM! I got jacked again!! As I sat miffed and bewildered I thought, I gotta put this rum down 'cause it's got me going good! Then I noticed Buster, chilling on the bird bath staring at me and it dawned on me, he was doing the same thing the last time I got jacked. Has anyone had this happened to them before?

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    No, but everybody knows bluejays are jerks.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    lol, that's funny.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    I am sorry to hear about your loss but my wife was reading over my shoulder and she even busted out laughing. Make sure you take pics the day you see that bird with your cigar hanging out of its mouth.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Sorry to hear that you have been 'gar jacked twice. By the way, how is the Flor de Cana 7 yr old? I almost picked me up a bottle of the 18 year old the other day but went with the Zaya 12 year old instead.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    You sure it wasn't these guys?

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2009/05/29/fashion/31disney.3.ready.html

If anyone can post the image, that would be great. It would have been much funnier if I could have myself, but I'm obviously html deficient.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I have a very nice scoped pcp pellet gun. No bird problems in my neighborhood..
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    cabinetmaker:
    And all I got was a T-shirt with a Bulls-eye on it...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    cabinetmaker:

Better yet...... take my Remington 11-87 sporting clays with 1 1/8 once of #9's. Should do the trick ;)
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Haha. You're gonna find a nest one day made out of tobacco leaves.
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 136
    Probably in cahoots with the mailman.
  • mstrmxrmstrmxr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    bandyt09:
    Sorry to hear that you have been 'gar jacked twice. By the way, how is the Flor de Cana 7 yr old? I almost picked me up a bottle of the 18 year old the other day but went with the Zaya 12 year old instead.
    Yeah, I had to laugh about it myself after I fired up another GHV 02. I was lucky he didn't tip over my rum, that would have been a double bogey. The 7 yr old Flor de Cana is smooth and sweet with a citrus like after taste. I like the 5 yr old better though. It's got a sweet, buttery, molasses flavor. I'm gonna have to step up my game and try the 18 yr old when I'm done.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Last fall I had a Gray Jay land on my cigar while I was smoking it. Was pretty funny but I did not give him the chance to steal it!
    Here is your image posted for you:
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    Here, it is the seagulls we need to watch. I've never heard them taking a cigar but they will snatch food right from your hand. My dog keeps them out of put yardbut when we are sitting at the beach, you've got to eat fast...
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Adcurium:
    Here, it is the seagulls we need to watch. I've never heard them taking a cigar but they will snatch food right from your hand. My dog keeps them out of put yardbut when we are sitting at the beach, you've got to eat fast...
    Alka-seltzer.. need I say more?
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    camgfs:
    Last fall I had a Gray Jay land on my cigar while I was smoking it. Was pretty funny but I did not give him the chance to steal it!
    Here is your image posted for you:

Thank you cam, that's the guy I was thinking about. He's obviously not a blue jay, but he definitely is a BOTL (Bird of the Leaf) and I've heard he's a little shady. Beware.