Home General Discussion

Been low on funds

dubiousmonkdubiousmonk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
In the past couples months I have really strayed away from smokes to take care of more important things, treated myself this week to a pack of macanudo minatures... which I do enjoy... however... this morning one of the other sales guys brought me a gift... a beautiful Kristoff Sumatra. Stoked.

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Kristoffs are gooooooood. Never had the Sumatra, but the Maduro is very tasty.
  • dubiousmonkdubiousmonk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
    Yes they are super tasty and have flawless construction, I had one of the Kristoff Britania Reservas about three months back and I really enjoyed it, gona let this one sit in the humi for some time.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I think we can all relate sooner or later to this thread, lol. Especially for me right now with my new arrival and all. What did u think of the sumatra?
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I feel ya. What I have done is, when I have the disposable income, I buy an, but iything I like or think I will like. I end up buying a lot more than I am smoking. But, if things get tight I have a humidor full of sticks. Buying is part of the fun, IMO but at least I can enjoy sticks this way, even when I can't afford them.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Hmm....not that I've tried them all, but "excellent construction" would be the very antithesis of Kristoff, as far as my experience has gone. Every single one I've had has burned horribly, had dreadful draw or outright plugged, and has fallen apart. I'm all for trying new sticks, but you won't find me buying any more Kristoffs. As always, your experience may be entirely different.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    dubiousmonk:
    In the past couples months I have really strayed away from smokes to take care of more important things, treated myself this week to a pack of macanudo minatures... which I do enjoy... however... this morning one of the other sales guys brought me a gift... a beautiful Kristoff Sumatra. Stoked.
    Thats a GOOD SALESMAN... a reare thing indeed! LOL
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Krieg:
    I think we can all relate sooner or later to this thread, lol. Especially for me right now with my new arrival and all. What did u think of the sumatra?
    New arrival? What dat meen Krieg???

• fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    BAD time to e low on funds deals are everywhere........im being good too thou.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Unfortunately I feel your pain. I am still trying to recover from a rough last year. Work has been good since March but I am still catching up. I haven't bought anything new in 2 months and might not buy again this year. Trying to get things in order and some projects done around the house. All these deals out there are killing me but just like before I know they will come around again. Kind of hard choosing between cigars and other things.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I feel you man, life would be so much easier with money
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    So let me get this straight, when money runs low you quit spending? If you guys would run for office, I'd vote for yah. I was just commenting that our local officials seem to think that buying new and building new is always a way to "save" money. None of that pesty upkeep of old trucks and building. I wonder if they tell thier kids to hurry up and get brand new cars and homes when they move out into the world, let the savings begin!
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    That is why when times are good buy. When your stash is decent u can still enjoy this gentlemen's activity even if your pockets are low. Every man deserves a good stick. Here's to you bro and I hope it turns around for you.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    The Sniper:
    Krieg:

check out my "time to open my box of Padron Family Reserves!" thread ;)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Krieg:
    The Sniper:
    Krieg:

check out my "time to open my box of Padron Family Reserves!" thread ;)
    no pics though....
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Words of wisdom from bluezulu. If you start to run low on sticks...shoot me a pm. I'm always up for sharing some sticks with a brother.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143

Poker Slob:
    Words of wisdom from bluezulu. If you start to run low on sticks...shoot me a pm. I'm always up for sharing some sticks with a brother.

Some great people here! I think most of us have all been in this position at one time or another (myself included), and my thoughts are with those that are working to get their way out of it.