Home General Discussion

DEW DROPS on CELLOS

RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
hey Guys as Most of you know recently i got the Crap Bombed out of me. I now have 3 Humidors filled to the Brim, All have XIKAR Gel Humi Pucks in them, and Good Hygromiters. Since stufffing all, these New Cigars from all over th country in My Humidors and having to recharge my Humi Pucks after all the cigars seem to have sucked out all the humidity, and the Temperatures here in Folsom soaring into the Upper 80s and 90s I am seeing Dew like beads of moisture on a few of my sticks in the top of the Humidor?
I sure dont want to lose a bunch of good cigars
ANy Ideas ?
Thanks Ozzie

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Is the dew condensing inside the cello? I've never heard of that before. Maybe some dry beads in there would be helpful in absorbing any excess moisture.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I would put dry beads near the top of your humi if you can because high humidity rises to the top.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    it does not seem to be in the Cello....... the humidity is normal..... I ned to pick up some dry beads i guess and see what happens there. Baffling to me also.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    I have had this happen to me on a few occasions. Never on the inside of the celo just a few small droplets on the outside. But with mine it was only the sticks that were right next to the humi-jar. I moved a few things around and solved the issue. I guess with your mailbox recently being blown to shreds you might not have the luxury of moving a few things around I might suggest getting some tuperware to cut down on sticks so close the the humidifier. I think it is caused when there just isnt much room for the moist air to circulate and it sits at the top and those sticks get the water beads on them.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Redtailhawkoz:
    it does not seem to be in the Cello....... the humidity is normal..... I ned to pick up some dry beads i guess and see what happens there. Baffling to me also.
    If its on the Cello. not in, I would assumes its just a couple of drips of water from re-charging your pucks.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Dustin1981:
    I have had this happen to me on a few occasions. Never on the inside of the celo just a few small droplets on the outside. But with mine it was only the sticks that were right next to the humi-jar. I moved a few things around and solved the issue. I guess with your mailbox recently being blown to shreds you might not have the luxury of moving a few things around I might suggest getting some tuperware to cut down on sticks so close the the humidifier. I think it is caused when there just isnt much room for the moist air to circulate and it sits at the top and those sticks get the water beads on them.

This is EXACTLEY the Problem ! LOL I need another Humidor or a Nice Tupperware! ROTFLMAO! OR i need to Smoke More!
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Redtailhawkoz:
    This is EXACTLEY the Problem ! LOL I need another Humidor or a Nice Tupperware! ROTFLMAO! OR i need to Smoke More!
    Smoke More! That seems to be the answer that always applies.