Home General Discussion

Anyone in the Seattle Area?

Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
I'm going to be visiting there frequently for the next few months (Bothell, WA; starting in Oct) and was wondering if any of you folks here are from there. I'd love to share a cigar and a drink with a BOTL when the opportunity presents itself. :D

Comments

• Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Hey fellas, I take it this means no :P

Anyway, I'll be hitting Seattle starting the 13-17, than later in the month for two weeks. If anyone is in the area, send me a PM and we can meet for a smoke. Does anyone know any good cigar bars in the area?
  • BigDan.BigDan. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    hmm well i never saw this thread before you just bumped it up however i do not think there is anyone here from seattle but i hope you can enjoy your trip and smoke some fine cigars and relax.

-DAN
  • steveb_shsteveb_sh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hey Smoke,

I'm from Olympia, not Seattle. Close, but still over an hour away.  I don't know how your trips have gone so far, but I'm sure you've learned that this area isn't too excited about smoking, unless you are into 420 - lots of that going on.  Can't smoke cigars/cigarettes in restaurants, bars, pretty much anywhere except your house or car.  Good luck in your search!  --Steve
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    hey man, I live in lynnwood 6 miles from bothell, and I work in bothell. Id love to hook up with you for a smoke. Im afraid there are no cigar bars or smoking indoors anywhere in this state so far as I know so we would be stuck to a park, I know a place that is covered at least. send me an email, james.o.higgs at gmail.com
    Will do James :). What the hell kind of state are you guys running there, anyway? :P

While I am all in support of everyone having their right not to breathe my smoke, at some point I think I have a right to smoke as well, and certain establishments should be able to cater to my/our needs as well. Should you not want to breathe that smoke, whether as a patron or employee...than don't go there :D
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Smoke=Fire:
    Will do James :). What the hell kind of state are you guys running there, anyway? :P

While I am all in support of everyone having their right not to breathe my smoke, at some point I think I have a right to smoke as well, and certain establishments should be able to cater to my/our needs as well. Should you not want to breathe that smoke, whether as a patron or employee...than don't go there :D
    Well keep in mind, this is the area where Starbucks started... My vision (although completely skewed) is Everyone carrying a Starbucks triple latte frappa-whatever... and Hybrids abound on every street!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Lasabar:
    Smoke=Fire:

Well keep in mind, this is the area where Starbucks started... My vision (although completely skewed) is Everyone carrying a Starbucks triple latte frappa-whatever... and Hybrids abound on every street!
    With Blackberries and bluetooth devices in their ears. How could you forget that part?
    well, the part about the starbucks in everyones hand and blackberry is about right, not too many electric cars though, and if you go to bellevue there are a few lambos and ferraris even! Sadly, I am one of the dorks with a starbucks cup all the time, usually just espresso with a splash of milk these days. Funny thing is I didnt drink cofee till I moved up here. But I aint gonna get no damn crackberry!
    We can forgive the Starbucks, and I could even forgive a Blackberry since you're one of the cool cigar smoking kids. :)
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I actually am one of the Phone Freaks... (Hate Blackberry's though) but I cant stand coffee...
    Lasabar:
    I actually am one of the Phone Freaks...
    But you make up for it with Miller Lite induced buffoonery on the forums...and we love ya for it. :)
    And a tip o the hat to James. he drove out to where I'm staying, picked me up, and took us to a nice spot to smoke. Thanks again for the company and the smoke, my man. :D I'll let you know how that cigar you gave me turns out ;)
    right on russ, was my pleasure.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Thats awesome! Thats what the forums should be all about. I'm hoping to get a nice little herf going with Scrambler here in a couple weeks. Thankfully in his wonderful state of LA smoking is still acceptable, practically encouraged.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    To complete your LA experience with Scramz and Abita beer, you should smoke some Perique.
    I'm hoping the B&M scramz was talking about hitting up carries some. If not I'll do some hunting, I'll definetly give it a shot while I'm down there.
    urbino:
    To complete your LA experience with Scramz and Abita beer, you should smoke some Perique.
    I did discover that my local Total Wine carries every variety of Abita including Turbo Dog and Purple Haze. But I didn't buy any ... saving that for when I'm in NOLA. Did I tell you guys that me and the coworker I went with last time drank the Copeland's in Slidell, LA completely out of Abita one night.

*shakes head*

All I ever see is the bar, the hotel and the highway. We eat, drink and sleep then arrive half dead.
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    I did discover that my local Total Wine carries every variety of Abita including Turbo Dog and Purple Haze. But I didn't buy any ... saving that for when I'm in NOLA. Did I tell you guys that me and the coworker I went with last time drank the Copeland's in Slidell, LA completely out of Abita one night.
    My hero. I drank a little bistro out of Abita Light, once, but truth be told, they only had a few to begin with.
    We started with the Wheat but they only had about 12. I think it ended up being 35 or so beers total between the two of us. AND we managed to WALK out of the place.
    I think you mean "SLOSH out of the place."
    I thought I was walking but who knows what the witnesses thought :).