Home General Discussion

Travel Humidors

KnadaudKnadaud Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
Ok, I need to purchase a travel humidor and just wanted to get some feedback which one would be best. I was looking at the X-treme10 Travel Humidor. Hardshell, waterproof and crushproof. Anyone had good experience with this humidor? How long does it keep the cigars fresh? Any info would be great! Kris

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i have had a few travel humidors. I have a large herf-a-dor (by otterbox) and a small Xikar. both are of the style you mentioned. they work great. I take them back packing. the cigars stay fresh and i dont have to worry about dropping the box or putting something heavy in my bg on top of it. In fact, these things are so air tight that they will hold RH for weeks if not months with a VERY small amount of distilled.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    I'll echo Kuzi's comment amount the herf-a-dor. I don't have one but I use a pelican case that is basically the same thing without the foam insert to separate the sticks. Then I just throw a water pillow in for humidity. It is practically indestructible and holds humidity almost forever. I like my case because it holds more than the herf and would work really well with beads too if you wanted to use them instead.