Home General Discussion

Big ups to ccom!

betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
So I went through a truly horrific experience with UPS, where essentially they lost a box of cigars I ordered from ccom. They tried to deliver, I wasn't home, fine, I called them up and asked them to leave it, which they refused to do because it's tobacco. Also fine. Then they told me to come pick it up at the delivery center that's ten miles from my house on monday. So I wait three days for monday, take an hour of work (since they are only open when I am working) and drive the ten miles there. They do a lot of shuffling around, looking at their feet, and finally say "Well, it hasn't been delivered, but we don't have it." I kept asking them what that meant for me, and they said "well, just come back tomorrow." So I drive the ten miles back, then again the next day taking an hour off of work, went there, to have them say "Yeah, so the package was damaged, so we destroyed it. Sorry, take it up with the sender." So I basically took two hours off of work and drove forty miles for them to dance around like that. I told Tim, and of course he set it right on their end very kindly and right away. Big props to ccom's service. As an addendum, I called them to complain about them yanking me around, was told I'd get a call back regarding the incident, and have yet to get that call.

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    betasynn:
    So I went through a truly horrific experience with UPS, where essentially they lost a box of cigars I ordered from ccom. They tried to deliver, I wasn't home, fine, I called them up and asked them to leave it, which they refused to do because it's tobacco. Also fine. Then they told me to come pick it up at the delivery center that's ten miles from my house on monday. So I wait three days for monday, take an hour of work (since they are only open when I am working) and drive the ten miles there. They do a lot of shuffling around, looking at their feet, and finally say "Well, it hasn't been delivered, but we don't have it." I kept asking them what that meant for me, and they said "well, just come back tomorrow." So I drive the ten miles back, then again the next day taking an hour off of work, went there, to have them say "Yeah, so the package was damaged, so we destroyed it. Sorry, take it up with the sender." So I basically took two hours off of work and drove forty miles for them to dance around like that. I told Tim, and of course he set it right on their end very kindly and right away. Big props to ccom's service. As an addendum, I called them to complain about them yanking me around, was told I'd get a call back regarding the incident, and have yet to get that call.
    Props to ccom again, no surprise here. What IS surprising, is that UPS couldn't leave it. They leave every package at my office for me and Fourtotheflush, and have also left several boxes on my front porch. Don't know what's up with that.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    heck, actually, Four used to work for UPS for a long time. Let's see what his take on this is.

Four? your opinion is needed.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    weird - sometimes the UPS guy asks for a signature for the tobacco, but when I'm not home, they just drop it at my door and leave
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Sounds like they smoked it...
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    sorry for ur prob but the few probs if had ccom has covered their end and everyone elses again thumbs up ccom thats y i shop w u.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I never sign for UPS, they just throw it on the front porch
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    does this (ups) depend on state?
    do some stated requite a signature for tobacco and some dont?
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Yea, it really varies when UPS delivers packages. Depends on the driver, some will leave it, some follow the rules...

Ccom is great! I've ordered 2 or 3 times from them in my short history and so far all Aces in my humidor!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    betasynn:

Ups always leave on the doorstep anymore...... How do they Know its Tobbaco? I NEVER USE UPS they SUCK. I always have Timesend mine USPS, one time from ups took 16 days to get here USPS takes 3 from PA to CA.NUTS
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    betasynn:
    Props to ccom again, no surprise here. What IS surprising, is that UPS couldn't leave it. They leave every package at my office for me and Fourtotheflush, and have also left several boxes on my front porch. Don't know what's up with that.

Thats because someone is signing it as it is delivered to a business.

• ScottTDawgScottTDawg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    When I first started ordering, I tried UPS...1 week from PA to WI. Since then, I've called and had them change my shipping to USPS...2-3 days tops!!! In fact, the last DD I ordered was AUTOMATICALLY changed to USPS instead of UPS (or at least it seemed like it to me, maybe someone goes in and changes it. Either way, I love the customer service!!)
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    does this (ups) depend on state?
    do some stated requite a signature for tobacco and some dont?

More likely they are not leaving it due to the location of the delivery ( apartment ).
    And that is either up to the drivers descretion or its marked in their board not to leave it or that a signature is required.

I will say that UPS Customer Service Sucks.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I don't like UPS in general, but I know the driver on our route pretty well and he takes good care of us. If we're not home he'll leave it in the back of my truck under the covered parking and leave a note on the door. That being said, I have had some pretty bad experiences with UPS before...

Ccom rocks though!
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    It was damaged so they destroyed it! Let's all think about that for a moment.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Man what an ordeal
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Damaged and destroyed...makes me wonder ( long shot here ) but I wonder if any of the folks working at the UPS order from CC in the pass and just happen to know the labels. Hmmm. Just and all around bummer deal for ya. Great to see that your where taken care of from CC customers service. Only had to call them once but was very impressed with the service that I had received.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Tokinstogie:
    Yeah, they destroyed it in a series of small, controlled fires . . . >_>

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    xmacro:
    Tokinstogie:
    Yeah, they destroyed it in a series of small, controlled fires . . . >_>

This.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Just thought I'd throw THIS out there, found on UPSs own website:

"In the event that a damaged package is discovered while still in the UPS system, we will notify the shipper of record and provide details. "

By their own policy UPS says they should have notified CCOM when the damage was noted. I would call back, press to speak to someone in management and ask for documented proof that CCOM was notified when the damage was "discovered".

You should then inform them that not providing that documentation says that this is likely theft, especially given that the employess at UPS knew what was in the box. At the very least they owe CCOM a box of cigars.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I'm sure they destroyed each stick. One at a time. Might have even taken several drivers to so it.