Home General Discussion

What happened to these cigars?

GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
I ordered the Arganese Uno daily deal a while ago and when I opened the box they looked like this....

They didn't come with a humi pack and a bunch of the bands were falling off so I was wondering if it was a humidity or heat issue. I didn't talk with ccom because I couldn't remember my password for the photo dumping site. Then I got sniped and had to make a new account so I figured I would ask you guys what you thought made those sticks go boom. They were really cheap so it didnt really bother me.

Comments

• martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    i'd say a combination of heat and humidity. they look terrible... at least they were some cheap smokes.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Did you get those from ccom??? They will handle that if thats the case...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Wow those look nasty....

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I picked up a Hoyo Excalibur from a Cheap Tobacco about a month ago that looked like those.

Never again.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    It looks like your mailman had those in his back pocket all morning. I didn't think Ccom even sold Arganese.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Goldy:
    I ordered the Arganese Uno daily deal a while ago and when I opened the box they looked like this....

They didn't come with a humi pack and a bunch of the bands were falling off so I was wondering if it was a humidity or heat issue. I didn't talk with ccom because I couldn't remember my password for the photo dumping site. Then I got sniped and had to make a new account so I figured I would ask you guys what you thought made those sticks go boom. They were really cheap so it didnt really bother me.

I got the same DD, it was back in the 2nd week in March, long time ago, when did you receive them? I know I got mine on 3/12, they are fine and heat humidity certainly wasn't a problem down here in SE Texas back then, someone (your mailman perhaps?) must have left the package sitting in direct sunlight, in a vehicle or something like that to do that much damage to them. You are right they are only cheapos, I figured they would be okay as yard gars, worked out at $1.43 a pop, I haven't tried one yet I might just fire one up this weekend and let you know if you're missing anything! ;)

• TGOTGO Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 333
    I got the same DD and one was a little rough but not that bad and the rest are fine (just checked)... I smoked one it was pretty good, the cognac didn't really come into play until the second half and it was not overpowering... good smoke for the $$ IMHO. Sorry yours turned out that way...
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I ordered two DD's so these are the worst of 10.

When I received these I put them in the humidor and they started to swell even more. Do you think its possible that the change in humidity (from 30-68) could make these swell and split? The shipping box was fine so I dont think the post had much to do with it, except maybe leaving it out in the sun.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Damn, these smokes look like they were beaten like a red headed step child.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    I'm at a loss for words here...only one that comes to mind is "damn!". Hope they can be replaced by the vendor that you had gotten them from.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    I got the same deal. Smoked one last night and it was fine. All the rest look good.