Home General Discussion

SOP for cigars damaged in transit?

tkohlertkohler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
Hey peeps, just got an order from ccom today, and 2 of the cigars have their wrappers severely damaged. It doesn't look like it was crushed or anything, but possibly due to the heat we've been getting in my area (order shipped Thursday, and just got it today). Not a huge deal, but these were the only two of this cigar I ordered, and really wanted to try them out. I think I may be able to salvage one as most of the cracking is at the head, but the other the whole thing is cracked.

What do you guys normally do at this point, just mark it up as 'cost' of ordering cigars from online, or do you contact the vendor about replacements? I hate to be a bother and complain, as I've had great luck with my ccom orders in the past.

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    tkohler:
    Hey peeps, just got an order from ccom today, and 2 of the cigars have their wrappers severely damaged. It doesn't look like it was crushed or anything, but possibly due to the heat we've been getting in my area (order shipped Thursday, and just got it today). Not a huge deal, but these were the only two of this cigar I ordered, and really wanted to try them out. I think I may be able to salvage one as most of the cracking is at the head, but the other the whole thing is cracked.

What do you guys normally do at this point, just mark it up as 'cost' of ordering cigars from online, or do you contact the vendor about replacements? I hate to be a bother and complain, as I've had great luck with my ccom orders in the past.
    nope. Absolutely not. email tblythe@cigar.com and tell him the problem. He should be able to replace them. Or, you can call ccom and they will fix it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i agree. i have only once had issue with ccom and shipping, but the box was crushed in transit. only one cigar was hurt and it still managed to smoke fine. the above advice is good. they will hook it up.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I've placed many, many, many orders with cigar.com. I think I've had maybe one or two of those orders have something wrong with it - just call your rep, or email Tim and they'll fix the problem no questions asked. Their customer service is fantastic. Like, really fantastic.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    I have never had a issue with ccom but i know people who will call them and they will get a replacement out to u immedietly...customer service there rocks!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Just get a hold of them, CCom will be all over it.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Yup, just call or email customer service. They will take care of you no problem. I got a box of brazillian labels that all had cracked wrappers and Tim replaced it right away. Ccom is the best!