Home General Discussion

One year anniversary

punkrawk_99punkrawk_99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
Last week, I celebrated my one year anniversary of getting into cigars as a hobby. In that time, according to my excel spreadsheet I use to keep track of inventory, I've smoked 130 cigars. I've enjoyed most of them and have only regretted lighting up a couple (the biggest mistake was a god awful Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne). I've had several cigars that blew my mind like the RP Decade, Oliva Serie V, and Padilla 1932, and one that while I enjoyed it very much, the Man O War Ruination No.2 almost made me blow my dinner. I currently have 202 cigars with varying amounts of age on them and look forward to many years ahead of me enjoying and expanding on my collection.

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    First off congrats on the 1 year anny of the hobby! Second, I am really surprised that the Perdomo Champagne was a bad experience, I love those sticks! But it sounds like you enjoy full bodied sticks, while the champagne is pretty mild
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    punkrawk_99:
    Last week, I celebrated my one year anniversary of getting into cigars as a hobby. In that time, according to my excel spreadsheet I use to keep track of inventory, I've smoked 130 cigars. I've enjoyed most of them and have only regretted lighting up a couple (the biggest mistake was a god awful Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne). I've had several cigars that blew my mind like the RP Decade, Oliva Serie V, and Padilla 1932, and one that while I enjoyed it very much, the Man O War Ruination No.2 almost made me blow my dinner. I currently have 202 cigars with varying amounts of age on them and look forward to many years ahead of me enjoying and expanding on my collection.
    The 1932 is one of my all time favorties. I really enjoyed it. Ironically, the only one I haven't tried that you listed was the Perdomo. The rest of them I really enjoy also.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    YankeeMan:
    punkrawk_99:
    The 1932 is one of my all time favorties. I really enjoyed it. Ironically, the only one I haven't tried that you listed was the Perdomo. The rest of them I really enjoy also.
    if you like the 1932 you should try the 68.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I'll have to give it a try. I've tried several of the Padilla fuller cigars and liked them all. It's possible there might be one in a Padilla sampler that just may be coming for Father's Day. I'll have to wait and see.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    YankeeMan:
    I'll have to give it a try. I've tried several of the Padilla fuller cigars and liked them all. It's possible there might be one in a Padilla sampler that just may be coming for Father's Day. I'll have to wait and see.

The 32 & 68 were good, but were a little dry in my opinion. Liked em, didnt love em.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Fourtotheflush:
    YankeeMan:

The 32 & 68 were good, but were a little dry in my opinion. Liked em, didnt love em.
    dry as in not sweet? or dry as in thin flavor? or dry as in they dried your mouth out ?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    Fourtotheflush:
    YankeeMan:

dry as in not sweet? or dry as in thin flavor? or dry as in they dried your mouth out ?

Sorry, dried my mouth out as in eating dry white toast. And a coke......

No jus teh dry white toats.

• babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143
    Congratulations on the anniversary! And I agree with you on the 10th Anniversary Champagne. I didn't care for it either.