Home General Discussion

You know youre a college student when...

illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
Your idea of dinner consists of:
1 can old chili beans
1/2 an onion
2 cut up hotdogs

gotta save money somehow!

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    top ramen still would have been cheaper!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I know I'm savin that for this week where its gonna be raining a bunch so I wont be goin out to the store. its pretty much God's gift to college students, .15 each? cant go wrong!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Did ramen and PB&J for almost a year. Wasn't the greatest diet.

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Did Domino's $5/large pizza, beer (natty light), and ramen (oriental or beef) for last 2 yrs of college (eating out of a can was fine dining for me). Good times, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without good arteries :-/
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    You should always budget enough money for beer. What are they teaching you in that school?!?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I remember being psyched at college parties if I was lucky enough to get a Golden Anniversary...as opposed to the other crap they were serving!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    I did the hamburger helper without the hamburger, bologna samich, crappy fish sticks, and for my drink I would get a 5th of everclear a month and do a shot or 2 a night........ them were the days.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    firetruckguy:
    I did the hamburger helper without the hamburger, bologna samich, crappy fish sticks, and for my drink I would get a 5th of everclear a month and do a shot or 2 a night........ them were the days.

SHOTS of everclear? damn
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Love love love love love LOVE me some ramen! College was a loooooong time ago for me, and they are STILL a staple in my household. I like to boil the noodles, drain the water off & THEN mix the seasoning in with the noodles. Salty as all get out, but SOOOO good!

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    illinoisgolf99:
    firetruckguy:

SHOTS of everclear? damn
    Everclear is one of the 2 things I vowed I would never drink again the other is 151....

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    stephen_hannibal:
    illinoisgolf99:
    firetruckguy:

SHOTS of everclear? damn
    Everclear is one of the 2 things I vowed I would never drink again the other is 151....

everclear is milk compared to my moonshine! i mean... what moonshine?? i can do shots of everclear pretty well.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    If you want to have a classy dinner....
    after you have made the ramen noodles, add half a packet of crushed pepper from pizza hut and mix, stir and enjoy. Those days were 10 years ago for me....good luck.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    illinoisgolf99:
    firetruckguy:

SHOTS of everclear? damn
    what's wrong with that? Honestly, everclear was the first drink I ever had. Most I've ever done in one night is 5 shots of it though, and that was a bad decision. haha. A couple shots aren't bad though. It's definitely a cheap drunk.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    illinoisgolf99:
    firetruckguy:

SHOTS of everclear? damn

everclear is milk compared to my moonshine! i mean... what moonshine?? i can do shots of everclear pretty well.
    you know, despite being an Auburn fan, me and you would get along fine. I love some shine. I get mine from my old boss in Tennessee, and it's great.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    gdsim1:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Love love love love love LOVE me some ramen! College was a loooooong time ago for me, and they are STILL a staple in my household. I like to boil the noodles, drain the water off & THEN mix the seasoning in with the noodles. Salty as all get out, but SOOOO good!

MMM Salted Water with Noodles! Yum.......
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    bigharpoon:
    I remember being psyched at college parties if I was lucky enough to get a Golden Anniversary...as opposed to the other crap they were serving!

Golden anny was good, but the cadillac of cheap college beers was Lionshead!
    When I was in school you could get a case of 12 oz bottles - yeah bottles for under $10. The canned crap was running about the same cost for 24 so this beer was the BEST!

Thank you Big Guy Liquors

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    If you don't live in the dorms (and happen to have an oven) you need to discover the wonders of potatoes! 10 pound bag of patatoes should be $3-5 - that's a LOT of meals! And they happen to be easy to cook, and there are a billion ways to cook them! Oh, and eggs! Same idea as potatoes - cheap, delicious, and easy. Both of those are a wonderful alternative to ramen and hotdogs.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    cholmes8310:
    illinoisgolf99:
    firetruckguy:

SHOTS of everclear? damn
    what's wrong with that? Honestly, everclear was the first drink I ever had. Most I've ever done in one night is 5 shots of it though, and that was a bad decision. haha. A couple shots aren't bad though. It's definitely a cheap drunk.
    lol, me too. can't remember how many shots but it was the drink that popped my cherry, well that and southern comfort. oh the days..
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    phobicsquirrel:
    cholmes8310:
    illinoisgolf99:
    firetruckguy:

SHOTS of everclear? damn
    lol, me too. can't remember how many shots but it was the drink that popped my cherry, well that and southern comfort. oh the days..

Dont know why but I could get a pretty good drunk on and not have a hangover in the morning with everclear. On special occasions I would pop for scotch buy beer........ mmmmmmmm
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    TatuajeVI:
    If you don't live in the dorms (and happen to have an oven) you need to discover the wonders of potatoes! 10 pound bag of patatoes should be $3-5 - that's a LOT of meals! And they happen to be easy to cook, and there are a billion ways to cook them! Oh, and eggs! Same idea as potatoes - cheap, delicious, and easy. Both of those are a wonderful alternative to ramen and hotdogs.
    +1
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    oh man, the hamburger helper with no hamburger. that takes me back. terrible stuff!