Home General Discussion

In Scotland

rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
Ok a few things for the cigar smoker in Scotland.

1 dont smoke and drink Irn Bru. This is not like Dr Pepper at all. Makes a great stick taste like pure sheeps ***.
2 chocolate milk is not the same as in the USA.
3 smaller ring gauges seem to be what people go for over here. Don't know why, but they do.

I will post picks once I get back for anyone who wants to see.

Miss my dog, yard, and bed.

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    play some pipes for me while your over there!
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    are you going to play any golf?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    My ancestral homeland sounds like an interesting place. Snap some pics for us if you can
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    SOOOO jealous Ross!!! Spent a couple weeks over there on a training exercise while I was in the military, and I am convinced that if God ever stepped foot on this planet, it MUST have been in Scotland! Most beautiful place I have ever been, bar none. And definitely post pics when you get back!!!

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    gdsim1:
    SOOOO jealous Ross!!! Spent a couple weeks over there on a training exercise while I was in the military, and I am convinced that if God ever stepped foot on this planet, it MUST have been in Scotland! Most beautiful place I have ever been, bar none. And definitely post pics when you get back!!!

How does one go about getting on that training exercise?! The only thing I can foresee not being PERFECT in Scotland are the damn ugly women...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555

Enjoy man! Totally jealous - your in my home and native land.

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Def wanna see some pics!
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    No golf, no pipes. Pics will be up next weekend sometime. And yes this is the promise land!

Had some great single malts, and cigars. Also it hasn't done anything but sunshine.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    ejenne87:
    gdsim1:

How does one go about getting on that training exercise?! The only thing I can foresee not being PERFECT in Scotland are the damn ugly women...
    I was fortunate enough to be an air base ground defense instructor for the USAF at one point in my career. The RAF sent a batch of students to each course we had thru the year - and once a year, during our down time, we would send a cadre of instructors over there to go thru their course as an information exchange sort of thing. Yeah, I know - TOUGH DUTY!!! :-D

As for the women, there are winners & runners-up everywhere. The Scottish lasses all looked better after many, many... MANY pints. LOL By the way, are you back from your Poland trip yet bro?

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    rossdavey2:
    No golf, no pipes. Pics will be up next weekend sometime. And yes this is the promise land!

Had some great single malts, and cigars. Also it hasn't done anything but sunshine.
    Ross, see if you cant bring back some gorse (sp?) for some of your favorite BOTL, to show them that mother nature does indeed have a sense of humor... even in someplace as beautiful as Scotland... :-D

You're lucky for the sunshine too - in my time over there I got about an hour and a half of sun in the entire week and a half. Did get to see my first double rainbow tho!

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Enjoy bro, if I was in Scotland for a few weeks I'd be pi$$ing scotch for sure!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    What's different in the chocolate milk?
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    A lot of single malt has been recycled lets just say that. Chocolate milk tastes more like pudding and not milk. Its just a diffrence
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    These are some good tips :)... I was going to tell you choco milk is generally different in all of Europe lol... In any case - come back sooner so we can start our mail exchanges ;)... Any nice sticks/stores there?