Home Cigar 101

new humidor wanted

vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
i have a 25 ct humi. got it as a gift cause i smoke a couple a week. I want to get a bigger humi...um need a bigger humi...its full for now. im thinking 125 ct. or so. what brand or make do you suggest....i dont want to buy junk

Comments

• BTJR99BTJR99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Vegas you have a PM
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Get a 300 count! You'll regret it if you don't.

• aron325aron325 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 158
    go bigger u think we are all crazy for saying it but trust me go bigger u will regret buying that one because in a month or so it will be full and you will be asking the same question again, i would go at least 300. i know it sounds like a lot bit do it you wont regret it
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    aron325:
    go bigger u think we are all crazy for saying it but trust me go bigger u will regret buying that one because in a month or so it will be full and you will be asking the same question again, i would go at least 300. i know it sounds like a lot bit do it you wont regret it
    +1 You will be at 300 before you need it bro, and thats no lie. I have a Treasure Dome that I've been very happy with, holds a nice steady RH, easy to organize and pretty nice looking to boot. Cant ask for too much more than that... until they make a 500ct Treasure Dome anyway... :-D

• minibeezyminibeezy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 257
    The Sniper:
    aron325:
    +1 You will be at 300 before you need it bro, and thats no lie. I have a Treasure Dome that I've been very happy with, holds a nice steady RH, easy to organize and pretty nice looking to boot. Cant ask for too much more than that... until they make a 500ct Treasure Dome anyway... :-D

+1. Bought a 50ct to start with. Less than a month later I got the dome. Great humi.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive posted this before:

if you are looking for a 50 count because you want to be able to buy a box, then go with a 300ct.
    if you are looking for a 150ct because you will "never need that many cigars" then buy a 1200ct.
    if you are looking for a 1000ct because it will be a good end table, buy a 5,000ct cabinet.
    if you are looking for a cabinet, just build a walk in.
    if you are looking to build a walk in, just buy yourself your own shop.
    if you already have your own shop, quit your bitchin!!
  • aron325aron325 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 158
    kuzi16:
    ive posted this before:

if you are looking for a 50 count because you want to be able to buy a box, then go with a 300ct.
    if you are looking for a 150ct because you will "never need that many cigars" then buy a 1200ct.
    if you are looking for a 1000ct because it will be a good end table, buy a 5,000ct cabinet.
    well said sir. well said
  • bocardsbocards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    Haha !!! Too funny :)
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    There is a universal physical law that cigars always increase / multiply to fill all available humidor space plus 20%! It doesn't matter what size you buy, you will fill it to the gills and have a couple of tupperdores running anyway :)

Seriously, and I wish I had done this ......... consider the following :-

Do you plan to "rest" cigars you aquire for a period of time before you smoke them?
    I do, for 90 days, although I sometimes break it especially if I know they have been well maintained, where I got them from.

How many do you smoke? A day? Week? Month? etc.

How many do you acquire or intend to over a set period of time?

How often do you find yourself saying I wish I could buy that CCOM DDD but don't have room?

If you do an honest and logical assessment of all the above then add 20% you should be close.

But then, you're probably still going to fill it and find yourself saying "I need a bigger humi" if you are anything like me and alot of the other BOTL on here !!!! :)

• MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    kuzi16:
    ive posted this before:

LMAO, kuzi, that's so true!!!!

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:
    ive posted this before:

Wise beyond his tender years, Yoda is! :-D
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    If you are in the market for a new humi, go big! check out this thread... http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/149454.aspx

And from what I hear, if you let him be the first to smoke in there you get the labor for free! (aint that right cabi...?)
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I went from a 40 and a couple of 20's to a 125 and thought I was set. Wrong!. I now need a 300. Go big bro!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I started out thinking I needed a nice 50 ct....... Then I decided I needed a 15oct....... Then I got an itching for a 1000 ct.........I've also dreamed of a walk-in.......

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that will ever be big enough for me is the Ccom/Ci/Cbid warehouse.......

Or the Astrodome converted into a humidor......

Whichever.....
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    lilwing88:
    I started out thinking I needed a nice 50 ct....... Then I decided I needed a 15oct....... Then I got an itching for a 1000 ct.........I've also dreamed of a walk-in.......

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that will ever be big enough for me is the Ccom/Ci/Cbid warehouse.......

Whichever.....

In addition to being a cigar enthusiast I'm also an amatuer evil scientist. Currently I have the laboratory (and all henchmen) dedicated to building a weather modification machine that will maintain the Earth's relative humidity and temperature at 68%/70F respecitvely.

Then, the WORLD will be my humidor. It will the the world's first, and only, Walk-Out humidor which I will gladly share with all the fine BOTL's here.

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    doromath:
    lilwing88:

Whichever.....

In addition to being a cigar enthusiast I'm also an amatuer evil scientist. Currently I have the laboratory (and all henchmen) dedicated to building a weather modification machine that will maintain the Earth's relative humidity and temperature at 68%/70F respecitvely.

Then, the WORLD will be my humidor. It will the the world's first, and only, Walk-Out humidor which I will gladly share with all the fine BOTL's here.

You forgot the "MWAHAHAHAHA!!!" at the end. Geez, what kind of evil scientist are you??? Amateurs.....
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Why, an amatuer one of course!

My science is strong, it's just the evil part that needs work! I blame it on unionized henchmen.

Also, may I refer you to Rule 20?