Home General Discussion

God it feels good...

illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
I just made my first legitimate purchase at a liquor store here in Carbondale... It's nice knowing that you don't have to worry about getting arrested for buying an adult beverage, thought I'd share haha.. its nice to be 21!!!!

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Turned 24 yesterday... I used to feel the same way... now I'm like stop treating me like a high school kid, dude I've been in here at least once or twice a month for the past few years.
    YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!!

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    stephen_hannibal:
    Turned 24 yesterday... I used to feel the same way... now I'm like stop treating me like a high school kid, dude I've been in here at least once or twice a month for the past few years.
    YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!!

lmao yea thats one of my biggest pet peeves, a lot of people still treat me like a kid and it gets to me!
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    you youngsters when your 30 you'll be wishing that you where 21 again and getting carded,LOL
  • Dr RockDr Rock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    you youngsters when your 30 you'll be wishing that you where 21 again and getting carded,LOL

AMEN.  I always made fun of people for being excited about being carded, but now with Im that guy.

Congrats on being able to drink...legally.
  • havlowhavlow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 27
    Congrats on being legal. I'm 37 now and was on a date last year in which they carded the girl but then just looked at me and laughed. I guess the noticed the grey in my beard at the time.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    havlow:
    Congrats on being legal. I'm 37 now and was on a date last year in which they carded the girl but then just looked at me and laughed. I guess the noticed the grey in my beard at the time.

lol, I'm 47 and can't remember the last time I was carded!! I was probably still not legal the last time it happened!

If someone carded me now I probably say "why ... THANK YOU, SOOO MUCH"!!! LOL

• The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    AAHH Carbondale... It is the place I go to stock up on the way to my fantastic house
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I can't remember the last time I was carded. You know your headed downhill when food establishments start giving you the "Senior Discount" and your really not old enough for it yet. Yeah I am on the downstroke now!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    illinoisgolf99:
    I just made my first legitimate purchase at a liquor store here in Carbondale... It's nice knowing that you don't have to worry about getting arrested for buying an adult beverage, thought I'd share haha.. its nice to be 21!!!!
    You could get arrested? huh... Well at least you don't have to worry about it anylonger..
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    enjoy it! Because I don't remember my 21st bday...had too much fun that night...
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Dr Rock:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:

AMEN.  I always made fun of people for being excited about being carded, but now with Im that guy.

Congrats on being able to drink...legally.
    HAHA, the only reason people think I'm older than 16 is because I have tattoos. I'm 27. I love it when they look at my lisence all suspicious and shiffty eyed then look at me, then the lisence, then me then say "I guess you're old enough."
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    Krieg:
    enjoy it! Because I don't remember my 21st bday...had too much fun that night...
    +1 i dont rememver either
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    If any of you have read my "making myself look older..." thread in off-topic, you know how I feel about this.

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    On my 21st birthday I left work at lunchtime and went to my local ABC store. The guy carded me and looked back and forth between me and the license about 6 times. He then literally sailed my drivers license back toward me , put his hands on the counter , and said : Well you didn't waste anytime getting down here did ya ??? Funny as he_ll now but Mule-lipped me at the time .
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    illinoisgolf99:
    well.... whacha get?
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    So are you saying you admit to using CCOM under the age of 21....
    kuzi16:
    illinoisgolf99:
    well.... whacha get?

nothin fancy, a 12 pack of MGD and 6 pack of Fosters, didnt have money for much else haha
    mrpillow:
    noooo, I would never do that :P
  • kevster77kevster77 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 68
    im 32 and still get carded for stuff. it actually makes me laugh when they ask. i tell my wife it makes me feel like a littlle kid again.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    illinoisgolf99:
    mrpillow:
    noooo, I would never do that :P
    Good, me either.....

*looks around nervously*
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    illinoisgolf99:
    I have been to Carbondale before. I grew up in the Quad Cities - Bettendorf.
    jsnake:
    illinoisgolf99:
    I have been to Carbondale before. I grew up in the Quad Cities - Bettendorf.

ah very cool man, I grew up in the Champaign-Urbana area, where the University of Illinois is.. I came down to Carbondale for school, only one more year left then its off to Cali for grad school!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Are cigars 18 o 21?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    illinoisgolf99:
    I like how you specified your first "legitimate" purchase..... I don't think any of us would believe that this was your first ever purchase!!! LOL!

In fact, I've bought alcohol in Carbondale many times. Never legally!!! Those were the good old days.....

When I used to party down there it was crazy. The police had to shut the streets down on the weekends. There used to be a lot more frat houses than there are now. Most of them got closed down in the 90s. It was out of control at SIU for a while. Good times.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    Enjoy being carded for as long as you are able. Also enjoy being called "dude". I recall the ski trip when the resort workers stopped calling me "dude" and started in on the "sir". I miss being a dude...