Home General Discussion

large humidor

fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
i just cant decide. i need a big humidor, 800-1500 ct. i want to start really collecting but after getting the quote on this its like 1200 w/ everything and shipping........ http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-2000.html so i have been considering this one too.... http://maverickhumidors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=96&category_id=5&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=128 what are you guys using when its time to go bigger

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I've seen alot of guys going with coolerdors. You can use the search thing to find what they have said. They all seem really happy with them. Just a thought.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    From the looks of the Maverick humidor you're looking at, the trays in the bottom section of the humidor are low quality - and if they pull out, they don't have sides to them. So if you have single cigars stacked in there, they will tend to roll out. If they don't pull out, it's going to be a pain to get to the ones in the back. And looking at the dimensions, it really doesn't look like it's going to hold anywhere near 1200 cigars. I'd definitely say look at something other than that one.

As far as the other one, I don't know anything about that one. There are a few guys here with cabinet style humidors.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Have you looked at the cabinet humidor here, same kinda money (they definately negotiate on cigar prices so I am guessing theres room for a deal here), 2000 count...
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    ill have to check into that tat, ill email them. ddog, i looked at that one but hell its 1299 even if they deal it will still be high. shipping is rough on the big ones because they come on freight semi's.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I think I say this every time someone talks about getting a bigger humi and how much they cost...but, here it goes again...build your own. I have the one I built out of an old stero cabinet up and runnig for bout 8 months. Not one problem with it. There is a ton of info out there on the web about doing it or PM if you want my 2 cents on how I did it. It only took about 2 weeks of work at nights after work and on the weekends.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    also, check out waxingmoon.com, or PM waxingmoon here. He builds humidors. If you're not looking for elaborate wood or anything, just need size, he may be able to do something for you in your price range? Can't say for sure though, as I'm not sure what he charges.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    cholmes8310:
    also, check out waxingmoon.com, or PM waxingmoon here. He builds humidors. If you're not looking for elaborate wood or anything, just need size, he may be able to do something for you in your price range? Can't say for sure though, as I'm not sure what he charges.
    Going by his past stuff, I'd say it'll cost about the same. Do a little search and you'll see that WaxingMoon's already made some furniture-sized humidors, and charges around $1500 +/-, depending on what kind of wood you use
    xmacro:
    cholmes8310:
    Going by his past stuff, I'd say it'll cost about the same. Do a little search and you'll see that WaxingMoon's already made some furniture-sized humidors, and charges around $1500 +/-, depending on what kind of wood you use
    i wasn't thinking about furniture. Just a REALLLY big desktop. haha.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    i emailed waxmoon. ideally i want the in wall like below. but for basically a rectangle box w/ cedar shelves ; the price is silly. http://www.pipesandcigars.com/csoncigsaf.html cholmes, i have looked at that one. its nice. i liked the maverick better just do to the workmanship. im hoping i can get the one above made for a decent price. cmon, what do you guys feelthats worth. no fancy ***, just decent wood etc.